The addiction crisis

And they always will. We have to accept that reality and focus on what we can control. Staying educated and spreading that knowledge. Think this forum but on a much larger scale. We can achieve that.

Those companies will get what they deserve eventually but we are still going to be left cleaning up the mess. Just ask BP and Exxon.

2 Likes

Honestly, I would shave my beard to have those companies be held accountable.

2 Likes

You need to taper you can not drop off doses higher then even 5mg without still feeling server wd. Going 2 days to use again really isnt doing much good. Im sure you dose as high as normal again. Taper 25% less every week or two what ever you can handle. Some wd may shine thru when dropping but it should be bareable. Keep it up til ur down to maybe 2mg or so then skip days and take less n less. This will not shock the body as you are now. If your getting the liquid i would get an oral syringe to break it down. 1ml is equal to 10mg

1 Like

Just like Hydra, cut off 1 head, 2 more will take it’s place.

2 Likes

I don’t know much in life, but I know that you should listen to Donnie on this issue. He’s talked a lot of people through this.

1 Like

Here’s a great article of what an everyday citizen can do if given the chance. These programs are not being implemented but should be.

1 Like

Interesting look at the policy side of the issue.

Have you read Sean Thatcher’s full declaration? He was a sales rep at Purdue Pharma. It’s interesting.

2 Likes

I will now that you told me. Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, same fuckers…police and fire departments cant afford to keep enough of the stuff. Where I grew up my brother says EMTs are the only first responders that carry it, he carries a “medical” bag in his patrol car with a box of 3 doses, gloves, bandages, even an epinephrine pen in case someone has an allergic reaction to something, and the sheriff’s dept pays for all of it…except the narcan and he said him and the EMT that got it for him had to jump through a lot of hoops and she actually got in trouble for getting it for him because their supply is so short. I remember seeing bullshit pharmaceutical ads on TV when I was a kid about the time my dad got hooked on percocet that said only 1% of users became addicted and they were advocating giving the shit to babies saying it was safe for them to take.

1 Like

Purdue has actually already been fined for their false advertising quite a few years back. Pharma companies have definitely contributed to our current predicament, but there’s a lot of addicts like me who dove right into heroin before any serious painkillers. Sure I took some Vicodin and Percocet from time to time, but I got hooked on heroin before I ever took an oxy or opana.

Yeah, I knew they did, they were just the start tho…and honestly it wasnt all done with malice or an intention to make money…the guy that invented fentanyl did it because his wife had cancer and he didn’t want to see her in pain. I’ve known people with terminal cancer, my aunt was one of them and when it’s used for it’s intended purpose to provide relief from that pain and make death a little easier that’s a good thing in imo… yeah, in my experience the jump str8 to heroin is more of an urban thing…that stuff reared its head in the 60s and 70s, then kinda died down, but it never really left the cities. I know people in Fayetteville, DC and Baltimore that never took pills, just jumped straight on the needle, but out in the country where I grew up the dealers I knew never had the stuff until so many people got to running around asking for it in an attempt to satiate the need for the stuff once the dr. Stopped their prescription or it got to be too expensive to buy the pills. Had I been exposed to it or offered some I probably would have too, just the nature of my addictive personality, I never saw a bag of coke or meth I didn’t want if someone offered it to me, it’s just the dentist gave it to me when I was 15, long before the dealers did.

The opioid cris is real and way out of hand. When I was in treatment I was one of the few straight up alcoholics. Everyone was hooked on pills or heroin. A change has got to come!
Also should mention a great book called Dreamland that covers the whole epidemic in depth from multiples perspectives.

Good story out of Phoenix. @CaptAZ

http://amp.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/man-who-beat-drug-addiction-made-strong-impression-at-meeting-on-opioid-crisis-in-phoenix

2 Likes

This crisis is more than just opiates

That book Dreamland is incredible and well researched.

1 Like

So true… It was a thoroughly great read. Cool that you’ve read it too. I picked it up at our local library a few months back.

1 Like
1 Like

Attention Calgary and Winnipeg folks.