The Art of Sobriety

The Colorado flag?

Niceā€¦ its the colorado flag inside the state of minnesota. My friend grew up in minnesota but made a life in coloradošŸ˜‰

I love these characters! So cute! and like they each have a personality.

1 Like

Last night I actually made myself a fort to paint in lol
Btw I am not a great painter, My forte is actually makeup and poetry however I wanted to start painting anyways.
This is what I painted.I couldnt upload it normal I had to do it sideways.

I painted myself based off a quote I heard. "Into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul"
I painted me running away from all the beer and alcohol I used to drink, into nature which seems to be the only thing that helps keep me grounded. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

@Restlesssoul that ā€œfortā€ is such an interesting idea! Like creating youā€™re own space within another space.

@JohnSee Yes exactly!I needed something colorful and my own little space instead of the everyday things I see where I live.:blush:

This is the start of a collage for my panda loving baby girl.

7 Likes

I love him! (her?) it came so good - I like how it looks ā€œfuzzyā€.

This is the end of the panda collage. My daughter loves pandas, space, her new glasses and all things orangeā€¦I think Iā€™ve got it all here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And then I tried something completely different.

11 Likes

I am a soprano and havenā€™t sang in about 10 yearsā€¦since I started drinking. Iā€™ve just joined a choir so Iā€™m back to it :grin:

7 Likes

I love that!!

In my city they have a choir for people who canā€™t sing. I mean they arenā€™t totally tone deaf people but it is people who normally wouldnā€™t get into a regular choir. I do believe that groups always sound better than any one individual of the group. Anyways, I have thought about checking them out but I think there is quite a time commitment. Maybe when my kids are grown and Iā€™m retired. LOL

1 Like

No time like the present :grinning:

1 Like

made these for my grandchildren at Christmas!

8 Likes

Took a beak from studying for winter finals today to have a relax day. FINALLY finished this painting! My husband told me I should add a rooster wind thingy. Once I was done he very sweetly reminded me that they usually go on the peak center of the front of the barn Hahaha oh well!

7 Likes

I painted this a while ago and didnā€™t share because Iā€™m not happy with how it turned outā€¦ but Iā€™ve grown to appreciate it for the concept I was attempting. My first time trying a human shillouett.

3 Likes

Fibbinocci spiral with a golden triangleā€¦ its called the goldeb ratio because it appears everywhere in nature. Just another thing i couldnā€™t learn about or create when I was drinkingšŸ˜Š

5 Likes

Do u sell your dragons

1 Like

The Atlas Of Human Anatomy for the Artist is an awesome resource to have when working on rendering the human form. Iā€™ve used it many times when I didnā€™t have a live model to reference. :blush:

3 Likes

OH MY I LOVE mushrooms I mean my whole house is covered in 70s mushrooms old salt pepper shakers clocks I made myself a shower curtain thatā€™s a huge mushroom redid my couch after purchasing all this mushroom material and just anything mushroom itā€™s so amazing your drawings I love love them! Made my day.

1 Like

Thank you, @MissQuinn! I have been trying to branch from silhouettes to other harder things, Iā€™ll give that a look!

1 Like