She will stay in this field forever
Because only this cry of hers
Holds all those swallows in the air

Do you hear how she calls
Each one by her name?

Victoria Amelina
(1 January 1986 – 1 July 2023)

3 Likes

Passed this today, on a flat in the western part of town. The poet is a Dutchman of Iranian descent.

Stop! Stay with me for a bit
Moving vans come and go
But not you, you stay and watch:
Loaded bicycles
The camels of this neighbourhood
Into the sunset
Where the sand from the North Sea changes
Into ships from the Baltic Sea

Here the world lies at your feet.
Take a step
Breathe deeply, then let go
And the future will glide towards you

Abdelakder Benali

3 Likes

Isabel Quintanilla | Vaso (Glass) (1969)
Pencil on paper :scream:

8 Likes

Yoko Ono
“I’m thrilled that SKY (which I created in memory of John Lennon) is at W72nd St subway, just steps from my home & Strawberry Fields. It brings the sky underground, so it’s always with us. I hope this will bring peace & joy to my fellow New Yorkers for many years to come.”

4 Likes

Hey guys, I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend :blush:

I thought I’d share a link to an Insta Art project that I’ve re-started since going sober. I’m doing a piece of abstract digital art for every day that I stay Sober. So if you’re into that sort of thing, feel free to check it out :pray: You can see how many days in my captions (It starts from day 5 as thats when I got tbe idea :joy:)

Enjoy!

1 Like

’ “The Giant Kitten” street art by artist Oriol Arumi. Torrefarrera, Cataluna, Spain ’

4 Likes

I have a Georgia O’Keefe calendar. The whole year I have looked forward to September’s painting although I was not familiar with it.
I turned it over and thought “Wow” and my only word to describe it was “Special” because of the beauty of it and because this is a special time in my life.
( All times are special, really).
I wondered what the name of the painting was, looked, and guess what? It is “Special”.
Amazing.
Enjoy!

“Georgia O’Keeffe. No. 22 - Special , 1916-1917. Oil on board, 13 1/8 x 17 1/4 inches. Georgia O’Keeffe Museum (Santa Fe), Gift of The Burnett Foundation and The Georgia O’Keeffe Foundation. © Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. [1997.5.16]
Colorful painting of reddish orange hill , the peak of which is haloed by greenish blue that fades to dark cobalt black.”

4 Likes

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xJmDw1

5 Likes

LOVE it Alisa - it is very warming to view and I thank you for sharing.

1 Like

hey beautiful folks. this is a recent drawing i did of my sister’s brother-in-law, who passed away tragically of an overdose last month. RIP Robert :heart::dove::sparkles:

7 Likes

This is a lovely sketch Julia - you are super talented.
I am so very sorry for your loss! :pray:

2 Likes

RIP Robert. He looks happy and alive in your drawing. What a gift to those who loved him. I’m very sorry @JuliaLuna
So sad.

Ron Mueck, Paris exhibition

3m/10ft high

Mucha, Paris exhibition

8 Likes

I posted this before I think but I got up real close this time. I didn’t appreciate him much back in the day. I was too busy smoking and drinking my days away. Now I love his work more and more each time I see it. This only one of four of his murals surviving world wide. Fable animal (with the artist on its back), 1986, Keith Haring, Koelhuis Amsterdam.

8 Likes

By: Sainer (Etam Crew)
Lodz (Łódź), Poland

9 Likes

rak-1
By: Natalia Rak
Białystok, Poland

9 Likes

In Derna, and indeed across Libya, everyone is sharing a poem called The Rain, written by a poet from the city, Mustafa al-Trabelsi, who died in the floods. On 6 September, days before writing the poem, he had attended a meeting at the Derna house of culture to discuss the risk of a flood in the city and the state of the dams.

The poem is short but pertinent. It reads:

The rain
Exposes the drenched streets,
the cheating contractor,
and the failed state.
It washes everything,
bird wings
and cats’ fur.
Reminds the poor
of their fragile roofs
and ragged clothes.
It awakens the valleys,
shakes off their yawning dust
and dry crusts.
The rain
a sign of goodness,
a promise of help,
an alarm bell.

(copied from The Guardian website)

2 Likes

“Fall” by Jason Chan

1 Like

I took so many pictures but these are probably the best ones. Each space was different. There were areas to sit and just be and lots of interactive exhibits. It was such a fun experience.

6 Likes

so cool-- I absolutely love Meow Wolf – went to that one a few years back and had the best experience. Funny cause that is what i thought of when i saw your pictures earlier. Glad you are enjoying yourself.

2 Likes