The Dragon's lair

Proud of you. Self awareness. Being able to call yourself out on own BS for your own sake. Keeping recovery firmly in your control not letting it be swayed. I need more of these things.

1 Like

Iā€™m at the point of evaluating my positive boundaries, and what is good for me going forward.
I am 91 days sober, I didnā€™t bother to post my milestone, because I really donā€™t want the virtual pat on the back, I donā€™t feel like I have done enough yet, my sobriety isnā€™t solidified and I am still getting to know myself, my emotions, boundaries and purpose.
I am taking a step back away from the forums as itā€™s not bringing me positivity as of late, and all the negative comments and behaviour is not going down well, so I need to refocus on me. This is a positive boundary for me. If something isnā€™t working in my sobriety anymore then it has served it purpose up to that point.
Accept the things you can not change, which I do. I am not everyoneā€™s cup of tea and I am good with that, Iā€™ll do me and I will excel in my journey.
I will still be around, just not commenting as often, it has been made clear that my presence is a hindrance to some and also that my views are a joke. I wanted to initially address this, but my husband asked me to reflect first, Iā€™m so glad I did because respond straight away then I would not have done the right thing, I am above petty comments and will not rise to it anymore, Iā€™ll do me in my recovery, I am calm, positive, focused and have clarity in my path. I will update my feed when I can, and I will be available for messages.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed this but I donā€™t read everything on here. Iā€™m so so very sorry that this has been your experience lately . Please donā€™t let it hinder your sobriety or your belief in yourself. Iā€™m so shocked by this. Massive hugs for you from Northern Ireland and I hope you will reconsider xxx

1 Like

I love you, Michelle. Your hard work and self reflection continues to inspire me on a daily basis. I know your loyalty and how you fight for those you care about. Please donā€™t go far; I would miss you terribly.

2 Likes

Not to say this didnā€™t happen, but I didnā€™t notice it either. Something my brother told me a few months ago that has helped me out a lot and I canā€™t remember exactly what he said word for wordā€¦ Experiencing adversity and having disagreements is apart of life- expect it to happen every now and then, handle it/learn from it and move on. Maybe this doesnā€™t even apply to you and Iā€™m giving you advice thatā€™s out of left field. Hope you return often, especially if it has helped you quit for this long. I love the diverse contributions on this forum and this includes yours.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going too far, Iā€™m still going to be around, mainly on this thread that is my little hide away, putting myself into a negative path is not going to keep me balanced in my sobriety and I have to put myself first, I know what direction sobriety is taking me and Iā€™m excited for what the future holds, Iā€™m try to surround myself with a good aura and feeling anger and not being able to sleep on it is not helping my progress, so itā€™s more about reflection right now and that has to be a good thing,

3 Likes

This is what means everything to me right now, they have given me more clarity on my recovery than anything else, my whole reason for being, I love my children infinity times infinity

3 Likes

Thanks Holly, Iā€™ll still be around hun, you are such a sweet caring soul, maybe I do care too much for the little guys, I canā€™t change people but I can change myself and Iā€™m still doing that :hugs: Iā€™m needing more knowledge, understanding, humility and acceptance, so I have to find that before I can get involved on an active level again

2 Likes

Personally I think itā€™s the forumā€™s loss. You are a voice of compassion and honesty, Michelle. Youā€™ve been an inspiration for me as well. Wish only Iā€™d said so sooner as I dial things back in off forum more myself lately.

Looking forward to more of your insights here, and wish all the best as you continue your journey! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you lovely, I really appreciate your words, I hope that I can and have inspired others in their journey, I used to think in the beginning of sobriety that I was making alot of progress really fast but now I know there is still so much more to do

4 Likes

Had my core group meeting today, I am so pleased to announce that my supervision has been lifted, I can be with my children without any one having to watch me, I can be a proper mum again :heart_eyes: :hugs: :tada:

12 Likes

Mum win moment! We all need to celebrate because this is important.

2 Likes

You have been working so hard at being the best mum possible, trying to cut out all addictions that could impact them and I think itā€™s great that theyā€™re giving you the opportunity to do that. Kids need stability and the parents that love them. <3

1 Like

Totally. In the brief time I have been here, I have found your input to be helpful to my sobriety. So thank you so much for that.

2 Likes

You inspired me, at the very least. So thatā€™s not a question.

1 Like

Michelle! Thatā€™s fantastic. You are the only person I know with enough courage to call child services on yourself. You listened to and embraced every opportunity to grow and change. I am absolutely thrilled for you. A proper mum, indeed!!!:heart:ļø

6 Likes

That is so lovely to here. Really uplifting. Iā€™m sure your heart is full today. Xxx

1 Like

I most definitely will celebrate by picking my boys up from school by myself and I will be returning to kickboxing next week :slight_smile: I canā€™t wait Iā€™m so excited :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks hun, I knew Iā€™d gone to far and I really needed the help, Iā€™m in such a positive place right now, Iā€™m going to be training as a smart facilitator and in the new year as a drug and alcohol sobriety coach with emerging futures, all good my end, oh and the husband can return to work when he finds a job. I am so excited for the future

5 Likes

Itā€™s bursting with pride in myself for the work Iā€™ve put in and the quality of life I can give my children in fully providing for them now :hugs:

3 Likes