The Feb29ers (Feb 29th, March 1st)

yep. back to the mother ship, or return to sender.:wink: that is the most great thing of not drinking. the other level of consiousness. hahaha. and we are 90 water. so if the oceans a driven by the moon, how would we think we get a way with it right? I have more restless sleep when it is (about to get) full moon. weird dreams, lying awake for hours.

1 Like

Youā€™re exactly right about the dreams too. Crazy dreams right before I woke up. Just hoping I can go back to sleep for a bit.

I checked the food thread on here during the night when i could not sleep :wink: maybe will help put you back for a little :sleeping:

No luck. Stayed wide awake. :slightly_frowning_face:

I absolutely do! And the weird dreams, for sure. Got about 4 hrs again, hey itā€™s better than nothing, Iā€™ll take it!

Oh no so sorry you couldnā€™t sleep, thatā€™s like torture.

I just realized, Iā€™ve saved about 7000 calories since Feb 29th. And yet I didnā€™t lose weight, although I didnā€™t turn to chocolate or cookies instead. I donā€™t like candy.

The worst :cry: Hope your day goes well, hang in there.

Good for you for being honest and for starting anew. I can do relate to the empath sensitivities and am learning new ways to cope, myself. Itā€™s not easy at all.

@Marisim Try not to get too discouraged. I remember the last time I quit for 12 days, I thought I would lose a good bit of weight from the calories I wasnā€™t consuming but that didnā€™t happen. I think something must happen physically during detox that makes the body hang on to those extra pounds or water weight in place of the alcohols.

1 Like

We did a role play activity where we were with a partner - 1 played role of doula and the other played the role of someone who just found out they were dying. I was assigned the latterā€¦ We had to look into each others eyes for a minute, and the doula was to provide nonverbal comfort. I picked up on thoughts other people were having - not just emotions but images of family and friends that werent mineā€¦ We were all in the same room and it was just way too much for me - I was feeling everyoneā€™s emotional journey with that exercise.

I also we learned about communication with children and how they experience grief.

2 Likes

I have completed 5 days sober. I havenā€™t gotten this far in 27 years. I decided to break from alcohol because my husband and I are going through family stress with our adult 35 year old son. I said things that I wouldnā€™t have if I was sober. I am dealing with things better sober. Last night my husband made a positive comment about me being sober. I shared with him my reason for stopping. He hugged me and was supportive.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s so great! That might provide that little extra reinforcement on those tough daysā€¦ Write it down and have it accessible/visible to reflect on, and also keep adding to that as other supportive comments come up. You got this!

1 Like

What kinds of things work for you? I really am focusing on ownership right now - your emotion vs mine. Give me any scenario and I can literally feel what someone would be experiencing. If I can recognize whatā€™s mine and someone elseā€™s, and tell myself thatā€™s not mine, itā€™s easier to turn it down or off.

1 Like

Donā€™t beat yourself up. Yes, today is a new day. You stopped at 1, didnā€™t binge. Thatā€™s strength. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for being so kind and supportive. I did go back and forth as to whether I would share that or not, but decided on 100% accountability. I think that will be key for me going forward. I also wanted to share because of my internal conflict of feeling guilty but not at the same time. If someone else reads this, can relate and keep moving forward knowing that others feel that way too then itā€™s worth it.

4 Likes

Have my first primary care appointment in several years at 2 pm today and my anxiety is highā€¦so nervous. I have to focus on being 100% honest and get some idea of where I stand with my health and what to do going forward to improve.

1 Like

Yes, 100% honesty! If you are nervous or not sure how to express yourself, maybe take a couple minutes to write down what you want to cover or express. Take that with you so you have those prompts at the appointment.

1 Like

I recently did the same thing with my husband. I said I couldnā€™t believe how good I felt and how stupid I have been to keep myself unhappy for so long just because of alcohol. I am really ashamed it took me so long to realize what was going on.

Oh wow. That must have been intense. You are such a strong person to be able to go through that. I pick up on others emotions easily and Iā€™m sure i would get overwhelmed in a situation like that.

But, since this is something that might become your future job, I think finding a way to handle those emotions without a drink would benefit you. Maybe you can discuss it with your peers and see if anyone has any techniques you have 't tried yet. Still super proud of you for stopping with one and not letting it ruin your evening or today. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

@RosaCanDo I hope your appt goes well today! Maybe the dr will have some suggestions to help with your journey :heart: