The Feb29ers (Feb 29th, March 1st)

I recently did the same thing with my husband. I said I couldn’t believe how good I felt and how stupid I have been to keep myself unhappy for so long just because of alcohol. I am really ashamed it took me so long to realize what was going on.

Oh wow. That must have been intense. You are such a strong person to be able to go through that. I pick up on others emotions easily and I’m sure i would get overwhelmed in a situation like that.

But, since this is something that might become your future job, I think finding a way to handle those emotions without a drink would benefit you. Maybe you can discuss it with your peers and see if anyone has any techniques you have 't tried yet. Still super proud of you for stopping with one and not letting it ruin your evening or today. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

@RosaCanDo I hope your appt goes well today! Maybe the dr will have some suggestions to help with your journey :heart:

Hi everyone, I’m sorry not being able of giving responses to every post, but I read each one of them and a think you are all very inspiring ladies!

@RosaCanDo
All the best for your appointment!

I’m going home now. Was supposed to meet a friend, but I still feel so weak, I’m constantly freezing, and still coughing.

3 Likes

I wish I lived closer @Marisim! I’d bring you soup!! Feel better soon!

Aaw how sweet of you :heart_eyes:

Wow this was a close one my friends. There’s a grocery store across my building. I went in to buy coke zero.
Suddenly I saw they had Vodka on sale. For a minute I noticed I went on what I call zombie mode. I grabbed one bottle then put it back, paid quickly and left.

But good news, my book got delivered!

2 Likes

Whoa, good job stopping yourself! Proud of you!! :heart: those sober muscles are getting stronger!

Thanks it was definitely a dangerous situation

But: ten days sober!

4 Likes

Well, that was a bust. I’m so frustrated with the American health care and insurance system, I’ve been jerked around for years. I was assured that this doctor accepted my insurance only to show up to my appointment, fill out a ton of forms and be told that, “I’m so sorry but it seems that your insurance no longer has our office in-network as of Jan 1.” Ugh. Then came the tears of frustration. Tears are dry, now to not let that derail me and make new plans. Tomorrow morning I’ll call my insurance company and request they help me find a doctor. I really hate this. But it’s what I have to do. I feel like I get so close and then something always goes wrong. But, I’m sober. And will remain so.

4 Likes

This is hard. I’ve done the same thing with dental insurance.

Well done staying strong, that sounds like an intense situation. Maybe think about places you could shop or pick up quick items that don’t sell alcohol? I’m really glad that the grocery store where I shop has a separate adjoining liquor section so I don’t have to come across temptation any while I’m out.

I think that is a good strategy. I have a pretty analytical brain and can turn it on to help me detach from the emotional/sensitive aspect of myself. I try to think more about the circumstances around an interaction with a person, what is physically happening, kinda of like a sensory grounding exercise, and also use what I know about people to not exactly but sort of psychoanalyze, if that makes any sense. A combo of those strategies seems to work (but not always!)

You know what I hate, being fine 95% of the day, but then I start to rationalize… “oh you’ve done so good, reward yourself” or “you made it this far once, you can drink tonight and start again tomorrow”

Battling the desire to drink right now. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I hear you! Those moments are such a struggle, but I’m positive you’ll get through it, and feel better for it.

Don’t do it!!! You got this…

@RosaCanDo
So sorry, that sucks!
There’s no use, they’re selling the hard stuff everywhere over here, even at gas stations they have those mini bottles right by the counter :persevere:.

@SoulSearcher
Please hang in there!! Do it for us, we need you, love! :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::heart::heart::heart::heart:

How are our other friends doing??? Please check in!

Is drinking really a reward? Do you feel good the next day? Energized? Proud? Happy with yourself?

I like to remind myself of how freaking fabulous waking up sober is. I HATED waking up hungover, anxious, feeling like shit…god, that sucked so bad.

How about a positive reward? Something that will make you smile…I like little succulents or a plant or some pretty flowers. Sometimes I will reward myself with a book or a bubble bath and face mask…a yoga class…a new crystal…a new dessert or coffee…maybe earrings or a bracelet…just something small that makes me smile.

:heart:

4 Likes

I :heart: this!

1 Like

My mind is still telling me it’s a reward. That numbing feeling. But I know in the morning I will regret it. That’s what’s keeping me grounded at the moment. I was going to try and gr rab some face masks today to have on hand but then I locked my keys in the car and spent my spare time trying to get someone to pick me up and get the spare key