The Genie Game Thread

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I absolutely love your creativity and ability to tell stories. Great thread.

2 Likes

Trying to get into D&D. I play a lot of MTG currently.

3 Likes

You should check out our D&D thread. We had a private group running for a while, but its been quiet for a while. Not sure if we’ll start it back up or not.

It’s a lot of fun sitting down with a group of people and making believe. I’ve spent hours upon hours in the Game Master seat, so I’ve come up with a little bit of an ability to improvise and come up with responses on the fly. Not amazing at it, but decent.

5 Likes

It would be great if youd restart it, ive never played, but have been wanting too for a while now

1 Like

Check out the beginning here:

2 Likes

beyond that, if you want to continue reading, I can invite you to the PM thread for it. There’s a lot of reading involved, fair warning.

1 Like

I’m In :smiley:

Saw a meme recently and made me want to ask everyone a question.

If you were able to make a wish, but 65% of the population would also get the same wish, what would it be?

2 Likes

I wish I had a super power that won’t affect me negatively, but won’t be able to help me do something unethical

1 Like

To be pain-free.

3 Likes

That’s actually a tough one.

1 Like

I retract my last wish. I wish too have a perfect moral compass and do everything in my power to improve the world and the environment, giving me an overwhelming feeling of gratification… That should hit at least a few dictators and right-winged leaders right?

2 Likes

I would wish that I was able to become obscenely wealthy but was also compelled to charitably reduce my wealth to a reasonable amount.

2 Likes

That’d be something political. Not going there. So alas, not going to happen.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s tricky. Because if you wish for something like wealth, then entire governments will collapse due to inflation. I’d you wish to always have food, the food industry will collapse, causing millions to lose their jobs.

@anon57836609 I like where you’re going with the moral compass though, Jan.

1 Like

That’s also a good one. A lot of ways to spin it. Like, do you become pain free because you suddenly cut feel anything and are numb all over? Like a Leper and keep injuring yourself accidently without knowing it, eventually leading to your death from an infection?

1 Like

How tragic, I was thinking more on the beautiful side of it where the 65 people it touched however pain affected them as individuals ( spiritually, emotionally, physically) would be rid of that pain. Too specific? :laughing:

1 Like

To have all the skills and knowledge/wisdom to grow my own food, but not be forced or compelled to use that unless I wished.

1 Like

I just know that a spiteful Genie would have a heyday with this. He’d do something like make the whole country have a drought. You’d have the knowledge and wisdom, but no ability to actually use it.