The Strava thread

10 minute pace is huge, bro!

1 Like

Thank you! :pray::pray::pray:

I honestly felt like I was running my slowest the ENTIRE time.
It was fuckin brutal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously?
Tomorrow Iā€™m getting right back after it again lol

Donā€™t you know me at all lolololol

Nice!!!
Have you done any research into the particular obstacles that will be at the race? Or are you just going to wing it lol

I wish I was able to run today. I suddenly got sick yeastrrday afternoon and have been exhausted. We will see how im doing tomorrow. Wish i also had the time to go out and do a 1/2 marathon. Just no time in the day to dedicate 2 hours towards a run.i only have an hour a day that i can be out.

There is something i do that actually might help.
After my runs i take a warm shower, wash and all that. Afterwards I slowly cool the water down til it is completely cold. Think of it in terms of reverse cooking a lobster. As opposed to slowly turning it up, we slowly turn it down. Iā€™m at a point now where im standing in freezing cold water for 10mins at a time breathing completely normal and focused.
It may prove beneficial.

1 Like

Did you end up eating an entire sleeve of Oreos again :joy:

1 Like

Not this time! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m from Minnesota.
Iā€™m all about the ice swimming!!! But what I meant is by subjecting yourself to cold regularly. Having encounters with cold water will no longer be such a shock to your system. Know what I mean?

Yeah, how many professional athletes do you see jumping in the sauna after training? None.

I definitely get that, especially if you make the mistake of allowing yourself to keep your heart rate up at that level which in turn might have you at a pace that will cause you to burn out before the finish line

You make my heart race :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty solid man!
Do you wear a heart rate monitor at all? Are they beneficial? Iā€™ve been having to learn my heart rate zones based soley off feel, pace and body temp

Having never had a monitor of any kind I can tell you the ā€œfeel good intutionā€ is an amazing thing to have. For example, I know the exact mile I will feel sluggish and need to push thru. Itā€™s weird but also pretty neat tbh.

What time are you shooting for on the half marathon?

You should shoot for under 2 hours! Thats a worthy goal!

1 Like

Iā€™m working my way there.
Ideally I would like to run a half in like an hour and a half but I am FAR from that right now. I just have to keep getting after jt day after day

1 Like

Love your attitude brother. Seriously

Hour and a half? Thatā€™s a crazy goal. Achievable, maybe. My PR on 13.1 is 1:51

1 Like

And here comes my competitive side!! Lol.
Jokes aside, how destroyed weā€™re you after that? Because that is an incredible pace.

1 Like