The Strava thread

Wasnt too bad. Should have been faster. Did the first five miles too fast and burned out towards the end. Ended up doing 9-13 at a walk-run.

1 Like

My friend Stephanie who runs alot of marathons once told me this ā€œdonā€™t be an idiot at the beginning of the run and donā€™t be a whimp at the endā€ since I started running 12milers it makes more and more sense. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, its totally true. The particular run that i had done was downhill for the first 5 miles. Difficult to regulate your pace.

1 Like

Downhill for five miles.
That sounds rough!! Was it road? Trail? Mixture of both?

1 Like

Most of the run is road. About 3 miles in the middle are on a dirt road dodging huge puddles. Ive trained downhill though. The first year was bad, but after that it hasnt been so bad.

1 Like

Damn bro.
You are a legit beast!!

:Tips hat:

1 Like

Lol. Not as legit as some. When i ran my marathon, it was pathetic.

1 Like

You and pathetic are two words I wouldnā€™t associate together

1 Like

Lol. I ran the first half of it great, then the second half was crap. Took me 5 hours. Someday Iā€™ll do another, but not anytime soon. When the boys are much older and i have more training time. Itā€™s too much to be out running for 4 hours every Saturday morning plus 1 to 1.5 hour runs multiple other tines in the week. My wife wouldnt stand for me being gone so much.

1 Like

@Englishd suggested I use this app seeing as Iā€™m now the proud owner of a road bike! I was going thru the posts following you guys but thatā€™s too many posts to scroll thru so follow me and Iā€™ll follow back!

Kyle Simpson is my name, Eugene, OR is my location.

Looking forward to getting down some mileage :grin:

3 Likes

This is awesome! Good work!!

Is it going up the inside of your shin? Whatā€™s it feel like?

Rub some dirt on it and man up :rofl:

1 Like

If I do a push up will you stop crying?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t do one unless I could prove it

I need a damn good reason to do one

I was just setting the terms. I agreed to nothing!

I honestly donā€™t believe that you will stop crying about your boo-boo

Howā€™s the crying working out?

Probably not shin splints. Possibly something else, Iā€™d call Posterior Shin Splits. Not the same. Strain of the deep Poroneal muscles. Ice, rest, mobility, stretching.

1 Like