The Strava thread

You can sprinkle that in sporadically, sure.

1 Like

You better just run it off. We all know you canā€™t stay sober if you donā€™t run 10 miles a day

3 Likes

Itā€™s not push ups, but at least Iā€™m getting some miles in finally

6 Likes

Yeah, solid ride man.

So Iā€™m thinking about getting in to racing. Obviously category 5. I know I wonā€™t be winning any races but will I be finishing dead last in all of them. Realistically I will probably never get much better than 18-20 mph average.

Yeah man do it!!! I got dropped my first real race. Still finished it, but itā€™ll happen. Lots of people get dropped their first race.

You can always improve. Average speed will always be faster in a race than on your own.

You have no idea of your genetic potential. Could be massive. There was a local around here that raced in the cat 1/pros. He got into it really late in life. Was a minor league baseball guy before. His father was a mailman ho never exercised. He had a full physical and a bunch of other heart related testing done and the guy has this massive vo2 number. So his genetic aerobic potential was huge. He was retired when he found out, but my point is, that you never know how great you can be.

2 Likes

A week off and I killed it on my first try.
I was always scared of running around this lake, for some reason in my mind i had built it up to an impossible feat.
So proud of myself.

4 Likes

Probably a next summer goal, but I might get a single day permit and do one later this summer just to see. With having a newborn around Iā€™m not really going to be in peak shape this year. But Shay is supportive of me riding which is great. I always feel bad that my longer rides take away a lot of family time. I will be doing a century ride in June, so thatā€™s exciting. Maybe next year I can afford a new bike too!

Perfect!! Thatā€™s the best way to do it. One day liscense.
Thatā€™s great that Shay is supportive. I completely understand about the family time. Thatā€™s why 95% of my rides are just work commutes. I want to be with the kids and shit.

I am registered for 2 races this weekend though

1 Like

Which ones? Iā€™ll look for you on bikereg whatever

Abd cycling masters memorial weekend crits. Or some shit close to that.

1 Like

Fastest 5k of my life. :smile::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

3 Likes

You did it man! Nice ride!!

1 Like

Iā€™m taking a different way home. Google fucking lied about the elevation

Ha! Yeah, little more than you were thinking huh!

1 Like

My first Strava record! My ride was a little slower on the way home and brought my avg down. Thought it was just the awful head wind but nope turns out I had a flat. My bike guy says tones of tiny glass shardsā€¦groan!

7 Likes

I think I took a flater way home. Only 8 miles left

Only 1270 feet of elevation this timeā€¦

1 Like

Load on good carbs. And hydrate! Good luck!