The Strava thread

Have a tissue to wipe away them tears :sob:. Just kidding bud, you are going to crush it!

1 Like

Kick ass buddy! Just donā€™t go out too hard too early.

I prefer grunting and swearing. I sound like a tennis player when Iā€™m doing a big climb

Went to Walmart earlier this week and got some slime for the jogging stroller tires. Jack woke up at 6:00. So, I strapped him in and went out. 4.2 miles at a 9 min pace. Was a decent run.

2 Likes

Got an image then of poor jackā€™s little legs going crazy in the jogger Rob!:joy:

2 Likes

All this intense baby training is going to make him a phenomenal runner!

1 Like

Legs like Popeye!:rofl:

1 Like

Oottete melkosia :sunglasses:

Awesome job, Tommy! Better to be cautious than down and out!

1 Like

Don Suess (V)

Lots of starting points. I remember during my first 10k I ran I burned out a little past 4.5 miles and began walking. Then these friggin moms with their jogging strollers run on by and say, ā€œGreat job today!ā€

Iā€™m all like, ā€œScrew you! Just because Iā€™m walking doesnt mean I quit the fricking race!ā€

2 Likes

Yeah, I used to use the Calorie Counter a lot. It got to the point where I could just kind of track how many calories I have been eating internally. I feel like I can look at a food and know how much feul it will give me. When I was using MFP, it wasnt for weight loss, but for training purposes. I have a 3000 calorie goal while having for half and full marathons. Itā€™s difficult to get those kinds of calories in without just eating straight garbage.

Riders. So Iā€™ve put a good 250mi on my bike the last month and Iā€™ve been having issues with the gearsā€¦when I go over bumpy areas the gears change, and it slips. And the shifters arenā€™t very snappy. The shifters have always been a little loose. I checked my chain and itā€™s not worn to the point of needing replacement, but Iā€™m curious as what might be the issue? I took it to several shops for estimates. One place said $190 for a major tune up (parts and labor), one place said $50 just to fix the gear problems. But the cheaper option is scheduled out til June 28 and my bike is my main mode of transportation, so you can see why Iā€™d rather get this fixed sooner than later. Itā€™s definitely rideable, but I donā€™t like being stuck in only two gears cuz every other gear just gets loose and slips. Is this something I should try to fix on my own? Or just deal with it as it is for now and wait for the shopā€™s availability to open up. I made the appointment for the 28th, but I figured some of you pros might have some insight. Thank you :blush:

Rachel has a tough time getting rid of the baby weight too. I think everyone has crazy points in their lives. Mine are now. Jack wakes super early, so if I want to run, itā€™s with a jogging stroller.

Sorry,meant to respond earlier.

How old is the bike? Itā€™s usually a cable adjustment.

The shifting in the back is the problem right?

Correct. Itā€™s a 2014, I donā€™t know if the previous owner ever had the cables done.
On another note, I got some padded shorts from Amazon today. Way more comfortable than I thought! Gonna make a big difference on long rides.

Nice to see a strava group here. Iā€™d like to be in. Irregular cyclist and hiker. Menno G on strava. Hereā€™s Fridays ride. BTW, you know about this app plug in for strava? Love it. https://www.relive.cc/view/2449697626

1 Like

Paljon se maksaa?

MƤ taidan pyytƤƤ veljiltƤ 5kybƤ lahjaksiā€¦

Welp I had my first fall yesterday. Was riding on the bike path (probably 16-17mph), and there is a place where the path diverges into continued black top, and another gravel path. Maintenance was working on the gravel path and their gravel truck had spilled some on the paved area. Unfortunately, I was wearing sunglasses (non prescription), and it was too late by the time I realized I was going too fast to take the turn through the spilled gravel. I slowed, not fast enough, slid through the turn, hit a small curb, and tried to bail at the last minute. I think this was what caused me fall the way I did, which was directly on my shoulder and then slid onto my forearm. Fortunately, it was into some rough dirt, not the gravel or pavement. My rear tire detached, but otherwise the bike is fine. No damage. My body, however, is not liking the damage one day later. After the adrenaline wore off and i rode a few more miles, I realized my shoulder was injured and my clavical swollen. I went directly home and cleaned my wounds and iced the shoulder, but today I am wearing a sling and it still hurts pretty badly. Hard to do things one handed at work. I donā€™t know if itā€™s fractured, but itā€™s a little bruised and still swollen.

Lesson: if youā€™re blind, donā€™t wear non prescription sunglasses. :joy:

3 Likes