The Strava thread

Lol. Well its mostly my fault. I have a habit of riding too fast everywhere cuz I’m an adrenaline junkie and well, I like to go fast :sweat_smile: and i should have worn my regular glasses. But such is life, and I’m alive. Could have been worse. Could have hurt my bike :joy:

2 Likes

You should probably should get that x-rayed dude. Clavicle breaks are super common when cyclists fall.

4 Likes

Meh, you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Especially if it’s a FOOSH injury (fall on outstretched hand)

1 Like

Did you just make that up?

2 Likes

Lol. Sounds made up, but no. It’s a legit thing.

2 Likes

Obviously I am not a good indicator if there should be pain, cuz ya that shit is broken :joy:

2 Likes

That looks ouch.

Yep, I’d say that’s broke!

Try messing with the settings. Mine has an auto- pause function that stops the tracker if I stop moving. Sometimes it doesn’t restart.

Hey guys. Quick update. Got my bike tuned up and now all my gears are quick and snappy and my large chain ring is straight as an arrow! So, I am enjoying my bike again. Also, only ten days after breaking my clavicle I was able to get on and ride with minimal discomfort. Yesterday, two weeks after the crash, I rode 30 miles. So I’d say I’m back in action. Feels good to be active again. All that rest was getting to me.

Furthermore, what do you all use to find new road bike routes? I have found ride with GPS to have a lot of routes, but I want to know my options before i end up paying a monthly fee to actually use the features. Strava is great for tracking statistics, but I need something that’s going to tell me where to go because I’m new to this scene and have no idea where to ride besides the few routes I already know. Suggestions? Thank you!

1 Like

I check Google maps if I am bored. Or the segment explore function on Strava. Mostly I just start riding though and wherever I go is where I go

The local shops are also good to check with. Some will have regular rides on the weekdays and weekends. More than likely there are at least a few solid routes that most locals do.
Where I am there are basically 2 main routes out from the suburbs. In the city there are a couple others, but the large majority of the cyclists use those routes and variables of them depending on how far they want to go.

Okay yes I did find the segment explorer in Strava and found a bunch more rides I can check out. Just import them to Google maps to get there and the rest is pretty straightforward. I live in Eugene, OR and biking is huge here. So there are a lot of places to go. :grin:

Next up: who uses a HR monitor? Ive been looking at the chest strap styles, but I realize there’s no way to know the value without a display like a watch? So how inaccurate are watches exactly? It seems like quite an investment to get a chest strap AND a watch when I could really just spend the money on a nice watch and call it good? Any real life experience to help me in my decision making process?

Tagging @Jante76 or @GVLNative as they are the experts in my mind

I have never used a watch style so I can’t say one way or another if they’re accurate.
Anybody I know that actually trains uses a strap style monitor though. Mostly Garmin, but polar is a great option too.
I have a Garmin bike computer and a he strap.
If you’re going to be running or things other than biking I’d suggest a wrist type watch with a strap. Most come with the strap when you buy the monitor. I only bike and can’t stand wearing stuff on my wrist.

this was a good one today. I’m sure I’ll feel it tomorrow.

1 Like

Dude. Showing off much lol

1 Like

@Mephistopheles @Englishd it was a big group of guys so I didn’t do it solo. It was pretty hard though at some points. I started cramping really bad the last 5 miles.

1 Like

Never achieved that sort of crazy speeds. Distances are getting longer and longer the older I get. This was yesterday. Showing off just a bit😎

2 Likes