The Strava thread

Welcome to the exercise club. I log everything bc I walk ride or run everywhere I go

2 Likes

Good stuff. Just bought some running sneakers. Lets see how this goes :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m getting new ones next week. Just got $100 gift card to Dickā€™s

1 Like

You know whats better than new sneakers right???

FREE new sneakers! Booya! I went to dicks and got some pretty nice Nikes for like 70$

2 Likes

Nikes donā€™t fit me well cuz I have wide feet. I think I might go aisics this time. I canā€™t spell

The 70$ ones i got are widesā€¦this one particulat running sneaker only comes in wide. When i get home ill post the name

2 Likes

I shall check it out. Good stuff. Iā€™m also looking at cross trainers just bc I need them for everyday use

1 Like

Try Altra. Itā€™s a wide toe box design. Really comfortable! A little clownish.

1 Like

Whatā€™s your username?

You can find him on my list

1 Like

Tomorrow morning 6:20 PST look for me running my brand new segment, climbing the hill of death!

2 Likes

I got out of bed at 5:15. That was my hill of death

3 Likes

Wonā€™t be running until later in the week. My wife is out of town until Wednesday afternoon, so I donā€™t have anyone home to be there while the kids sleep. Itā€™s bodyweight exercises this morning while watching Dr. Strange.

Yeah, ive been crazy busy and wasnt able to ride at all this weekend or today for my normal work commute.

My gutters are cleaned out and my yard looks pretty great though.

1 Like

Your swift recovery will be in my prayers! That sounds traumatic!

1 Like

Hope you have a speedy recovery @Emyj!
Iā€™d love to join in on the strava funā€¦Iā€™ve never used a tracking app. Will try to find some of yā€™all! Iā€™m T Allen in Georgia.

2 Likes

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Iā€™ll be sure to take pics on my jobs and rides. :innocent:

1 Like

@Jante76 Iā€™ve been meaning to ask about those simulated rides. Iā€™m guessing you have a stationary bike? Howā€™s that all work. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve asked before, but it looks fun

1 Like

Its a program called zwift. Its pretty cool. I can ā€œrideā€ with tons of other people. They actually jave races and group rides that you can do. The have the start times listed, distance, intensity and you just join up if you want to do it. Or you can just ride different courses, some which are real life roads or races routes, or you can do a programmed workout, but im usually too lazy for one of those. You have to pay a monthly fee now, bit it was free when i started it a few yesrs ago.

I have one of my road bikes set up on whats called a smart trainer. My friend who is fairly well off donated it to me. Anyway, i usually keep a bike on it over the winter and ride at night aftwr thw kids go to bed so i can maintain some fitness.

Sounds like that will be a long term goal for me lol. Can you try to crash the other virtual riders like in the game Roadrash?

3 Likes