The Strava thread

@Jante76 so I was checking some KOM around here and some of them are really damn suspicious. Like one guy who did a steep climb at 60.1 mph accordingly to Strava. I think some of them were done with 4 wheels, and an engine…

Some people are careless with their recording habits. GPS malfunctions that they never bother correcting, or deleting. It’s annoying because it screws everyone else up. One of the reasons I’ve kept my hill segment private. No one to compete against but myself.

1 Like

I’m pissed at Strava right now. The recorded times aren’t matching up to my achievements. They aren’t even close.

I know you can flag those. I forgot how, but you can do it. Strava will remove them. Not sure how they decide it though.

Yeah I found the function when I was bumbling around the website today, but I didn’t want to take the time to do it. That’s not a KOM I will ever be contending for haha

1 Like

Yeah, one of the annoying things about Strava. If you have bad reception, your route becomes all sorts of funky.

I sent in a bitchy complaint and cancelled premium. I’m sure it doesn’t matter to them but it made me feel better.

2 Likes

They probably looked at it and rolled their eyes.
T- "Hey Finnick!"
F- "What’s up, Troy?"
T- "Listen to this complaint from this slow, old, fat, white dude…"
raucous laughter

3 Likes

Good. They can laugh. I can still kick their ass haha

2 Likes

You can manually enter it, ask @DungeonMaster how, I think he’s done it

2 Likes

So, it can record the workouts and the duration of them. You can enter them manually or record them normally. The recording them normally function only works on aerobic activity though. Like walks, hikes, running, cycling, swimming, blah blah blah.

Strava is meant to be an aerobic activity tracker. A GPS app. Not designed to track weight training, even though you can enter it manually. You can sync certain heart rate monitors with the app as well. I’d suggest using something else to track your strength training, if that’s what you’re looking to do. You may see that I log my weight exercise on the app. Its primarily for keeping a record, that’s all.

1 Like

Ran a good mile for me.

2 Likes

Hell yeah man. Awesome!!

1 Like

It’s gonna be on foot for a couple more days. I’m getting new tubes and tires on the bike. Another $80 spent!

1 Like

They getting you some semi smooth tread tires?

Yes they are. Though it’s a mountain bike it’s pretty safe to say it’s never going to see a trail other than a crushed gravel rail trail

1 Like

Yeah, thats what i put on my wife’s mtn bike too. She only rides it on the sidewalks to thr grocery store.

1 Like

Hopefully now that I can fully inflate my tires it will be easier to ride. They were so busted up that if I filled them they would have exploded

1 Like

Damn!! Thats bad!! It’ll feel like a whole new bike now. New tires make a big difference.

2 Likes

Time for some KOMs.

1 Like