The Stupid Polls thread (Part 2)

I don’t think I’ve had a pb&j in over 15 years. :laughing: I’ve never been a fan, but went through a phase in college since it was cheap, easy, and it was great after a couple hours of working out.

3 Likes

I honestly think I’ve eaten one at least 4 days a week, since I was a kid. Like you said fast, cheap and also a quick protein boost. I actually carry around a jar of PB with plastic spoons in my work bag. :rofl:

6 Likes

Never Had it and never will :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Okay having 4 per week gives you ‘expert status’ in my mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So this is something I’ve always been curious about. Indulge me please?

• By jelly you mean jam? Any particular flavour? Does it have seeds in?
  • Peanut butter is instead of regular butter or as well as?
  • Crunchy or Smooth?
  • What kind of bread?
  • Is toasted a thing ?
  • Is it only pb&j as filling or do other things get added to mix it up ? I dunno… a banana maybe? :rofl:

Thanks in advance ! :rofl::heart: X

10 Likes

Usually jam or preserves. I like raspberry, strawberry, or blackberry.

No regular butter. Peanut butter (crunchy or smooth don’t care which). Multi grain or wheat bread.
No banana or anything on it, but one of my kids eats it like that.
If I don’t want jelly, I’ll just do with only peanut butter.
I’ll toast the bread first sometimes if I’m home, otherwise just regular.

10 Likes

Excellent and comprehensive reply there Joe, thank you !! As you can see, I’ve never tried one. One last question, jam to peanut ratio ? X

6 Likes

Always more peanut butter. Only a little jam.
Also don’t fry them. I’m pretty sure fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches were what killed Elvis. :crazy_face:

10 Likes

I only use Grape jelly for my Pb and Js

I prefer crunchy peanut butter over creamy but will use either.
I always toast my bread.
I like peanut butter and honey too. Or peanut and banana ( this is actually the only way I eat bananas). My dad use to make me the peanut butter and honey by mixing the honey into the peanut butter before putting it on the bread.

When I made the poll I didn’t realize Pb and J was only an American thing. I thought everyone eats them :exploding_head:

11 Likes

I forgot about the honey. That works too :+1:

6 Likes

Uncrustables are my jam! Or is it jelly?

I prefer strawberry, but will settle for grape. They have to be frozen though, they hit different when frozen.

8 Likes

Why is nobody talking about peanut butter fluff sandwiches :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

But also peanut butter and banana or peanut butter and raspberry :black_heart:

10 Likes

Peanut butter, Marmite toast for the win
Or, Marmite and egg
Or peanut butter and pickles

Jam on toast, just as it is without pb is a beautiful thing in it’s own right. Guava jam with lime. :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

I used to snag spoonfulls of the crunchy pb when I was a kid. Drove my mother mad :laughing:

And yeah, jam instead of jelly for sure.

6 Likes

DsdVe5jhHWNC8
:rofl:

6 Likes

Hahaha. Like dill ones. So good! Maybe cheese on top

6 Likes

LfGGW219qNzLP6IzTA

8 Likes

I don’t even know what exactly peanut butter is, crunchy version? I always thought it was like butter, just made from peanuts like peanut oil. We don’t know peanut butter over here but we have lots of preserves here and love to make our own at home. so a pb&j comes close to a typical Austrian breakfast: Kaisersemmerl mit Butter und Marmelade. There is no translation for Semmel, it’s a roll or bun made of wheat flour, typically cross on the outside, soft on the inside.
This is a typical Viennese Breakfast
The round one is a Semmel

9 Likes

I have the taste buds of a pregnant lady :smirk:

6 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::joy::joy::joy:
The day my taste gets “normal” I know I’m dead :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Sacher-torte and PB crunchy might be nice?

4 Likes