Things that aren't things in the USA

US - Rutabaga
UK - Swede (as in Swedish turnip)

Adding a third country to the mix!

2 Likes

British people, apparantly.

Wherever I go in America, as soon as someone hears my accent its “Oh My God! Are you from England?!?!?!”

3 Likes

we don’t wear pants we wear trousers, pants are underwear. We definitely don’t sit on our fanny’s, fanny’s are something else, trash is rubbish, gas is petrol, sneakers are trainers, candy is sweets, trump is a twat, liquor stores are off licence, shopping mart is super market, cops are police, trunks are boots, dollars are pounds, cents are pence, guns we call illegal weapons you call toys, highways are motorways.

15 Likes

Like the way you snuck that in there :joy:

9 Likes

Do you know the Queen though?

2 Likes

That’s when you tell them you’re actually Mongolian.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember learning that. What do you call these?

4 Likes

Bum bag.

7 Likes

Best reply ever! :joy:

3 Likes

Buzzfeed’s done whole videos about people from one country trying snacks from other countries. Usually it’s one way or the other, but there was a straight up UK/US exchange vid:

The variation of potato chip/crisp flavors country by country is always interesting to me.

5 Likes

Oh, and KitKat ice cream. I had it in Canada and it was amazing. Came to find out it’s packaged only for the UK, Canada and maybe Oz, but never the US.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

4 Likes

And we have it in bar form for more refined palates :canada:

6 Likes

That looks good, but this is where it’s at:

Edit: I just found an announcement they started selling it in the US last summer. Except it “features” low calorie, light chocolate ice cream instead of the blend of chocolate and vanilla with caramel swirls. :roll_eyes:

Don’t insult my palate, Nestle.

3 Likes

I’m off to pour a Ribena drink now :+1:

Unfortunately I’m now craving a mint Aero :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A bigger electric bill!

5 Likes

it turns itself off.

2 Likes

Electric is waaaay faster. And what other people said. You can even get ones that hold the right temperature for steeping your tea. I also find it hard to tell how much water is really in a stove kettle, but electric ones have viewing windows or are outright glass.

2 Likes

I also use the kettle to boil water for cooking with to speed things like pasta up. I don’t really know if you’d gain much with an electric kettle in the grand scheme of things but here they are standard. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a house that doesn’t have one.

2 Likes

This! I put water in my kettle in the morning, and when it’s done, I pour it into my pot for oatmeal and my coffee press at the same time.

4 Likes

Car trunks. That one I knew!

2 Likes