Thoughts on Russell Brand's book RECOVERY please?

Ordered off Amazon just wondered what others who have read it made of it?

1 Like

I’ve not read it so can’t comment but there are a few existing threads about it if you have a search.

@SweetTea has there been a book club on it?

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll search for it

1 Like

I heard great things about it and bought it as well. I couldn’t get through it, however.

3 Likes

Thank you what was your struggle with it can I ask x

1 Like

I’ve read part of it, like half lol. I just changed jobs and got busy so I had to put it down. But I loved what he had to say. I attend AA and live by the 12 steps. he had me looking at them in an addition to what I had in my mind, what the steps actually were and represent. I’d recommend the book to others and cant wait to finish it myself.

2 Likes

@adeygaga49 it was the book for this past April…discussion thread is on forum … I liked it

2 Likes

It was like reading a AA step book. I just couldn’t get into it I guess…

3 Likes

Our friend @Heddy LOVED it. I hope she responds here as I haven’t seen her in a while

2 Likes

Sounds like I should be reading this book lol

2 Likes

I have watched him talk about the book and recovery in general on you tube vids. I really like what he had to say. Maybe give it a google😉

4 Likes

It arrived … haven’t started it yet but it appears to be the 12 steps RUSSELL BRAND STYLE !! . Look forward to it

5 Likes

Check the back of the book above

2 Likes

She was active 16 hours ago

1 Like

I loved the book.

2 Likes

I’m reading it at the moment and loving it. I like his take on the 12 steps and how it works. More to the point than the Book like simpler. I’m on the 4th Step. Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Yes, it was seeing a clip of Russell Brand reading from a chapter of this book that snapped me into action to quit drinking. I’m not sure why it had more impact on me than anything else I’d heard or read over the years…he wasn’t on my radar before that. For some reason it just reached me. I bought the book the next day and have been changing my life ever since. I became such an overnight fan that I booked a trip to see his tour in Liverpool last March. He called out my name in part of his performance and I was fortunate enough to shake his hand. I can’t say enough good things about the work he’s done. When the student is ready, the teacher appears I suppose.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Technically he hasn’t broke any traditions. I have not read the book. But it seems he doesn’t use AA steps. Very similar tho

It’s alright, though I still prefer @Englishd’s 12 steps:

3 Likes

Just picked it up yesterday, I’ll start it this week and see how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like