Time for a new Crazy_Dutchie

Glad you’re looking at it in a positive way! As long as you’re improving, that is what matters most.

I hope your sister is doing ok and it sounds like you defitenly have your priorities in order by keeping her company during quarantine.

The good thing about the spending is that you know it’s an issue and as we know, that’s the first step.

1 Like

Day 8 of self improvement

Did nothing but watch youtube video’s and sitting on my ass all day

Day 9 of self improvement

Same as day before

Day 10 of self improvement

Same as day before

Day 11 of self improvement

Followed meeting the majority of the day. Then watched movies and sat on my ass. No youtube though. I need to get my shit together

2 Likes

The biggest battle that you have in life is with yourself. Keep going.

1 Like

Day 12 of self improvement

Another day where I watched a TV show and movies without doing anything useful. But it was different than the last few days. I decided to finish the TV show I had started watching the day before asap as to have less distraction, due to fewer and weaker cravings. I also did a lot of self reflection

1 Like

This is a huge problem for me at the moment. I have a lot of homework to do. I am one chapter behind on mathematics alone, and that’s a lot of work to catch up in 2/3 weeks. I am behind on almost everything. But there’s hope, I’m doing homework at this very moment for the first time in 6 days. I basically tried to cancel out the fact that I have a crap load of mathematics, science and physics homework the last 2/3 weeks. I kept up with others, but not with the most demanding classes. If I continue this self sabotage, I will find myself in a very sticky situation very soon. But I know that I can surprise myself. It’s time to do that now.

2 Likes

It should be doable now. After watching the social dilemma (thx for the suggestion) I stopped all notifications that aren’t very necessary. This way my concentration is much stronger. It’s been only 3-4 hours and I already feel calmer with less distractions. I will also try to think as hard as possible to think what social media I still have so that I can remove it so that the AI’s can’t manipulate me as easily anymore. Removing these notifications will also mean I won’t look on TS after every email. So I think this will give me a huge boost, but if it isn’t sufficient, I’ll just delete TS from my phone until I’m up to date

1 Like

You almost have 300! Right?

1 Like

With my main-addiction yeah, we’re practically sober twins

Oh. Everything going okay??

1 Like

Yeah, I’m doing pretty good. I’ve been lapsing on a few minor-addictions lately that have to do with social media,but I’m seizing back control

Day 13 of self improvement

I did quite a bit of homework today. That’s all that matters to me now. Just catching up and then keeping up. Then we’ll look forward to other area’s of improvement

3 Likes

I want a fresh start since the quarantine really fucked me up. My mental state was shite the last 2 weeks and it really discourages me if I have to continue this awful start of self-improvement. So I’ll “reset” the timer and start with day 1 of self-improvement to clean my slate.

1 Like

not my place to give advice. but my gut says maybe time to get the body moving. out of the head into the body. focus on other things and give yourself a break after the quarantine.
no goals, no pressure, just fun!!
Before the rain comes your way :wink:

Not really, but I find it very interesting to log things as a kind of research. And as something to look back on when I’m older.

That’s my main priority. I use this thread as accountability for doing the most important things. And also as motivation so that I can see the improvement I’ve made, even if it’s on the most basic things. And I use it to maintain focus on doing my homework.

That’s true. I’m scared that if I don’t I’ll lose myself again as I have been living on the edge for almost 2 months now and it’s really impacting my mental health. I really want to pull myself away from that edge and go back to the way I was living the first few months after rehab. My life was so much better and I know I can get back to that life, but I can’t do it in a couple of days. It took me 10 weeks of intense therapy and group sessions to get there. I can’t do that in a few days and I can’t get that in my head. Just like I forget that slumps are okay and part of the journey. What I’m in now isn’t a slump though. Being hard on myself is one of the things I want to improve in. This thread has also already helped me a lot with that.

At first, I wanted to prove myself a lot of things to feed my ego and not to disappoint others. Lately, my mindset has been shifting in a way that I now also want to do it because it makes me happy and made me happy before.

Thank you. The knowledge is there, I know what has priority and what doesn’t but I constantly find myself doing things that don’t have priority…

I don’t think I’ll be able to control the amount of fun. I’m becoming that age where you can’t succeed with only fun :confused:

Absolutely. I’m going for a run ASAP, which will probably be Saturday due to work and school.

Fuck. I have to cycle 15km to work in the middle of the rain front…

Thank you all for caring about me, I may not show it very often, but I do really appreciate it :smiley:

4 Likes

One of the things I have problems with is when I focus on the future. I get filled with anxiety and worry. One of my favorite go to sayings is that if I dwell on the past, I will be depressed. If I focus on the future, I will be anxious. My worries today don’t make a better tomorrow but only ruin today. Is it possible to set your sights and improvement goals to one day at a time? Give yourself credit for how far you have come & celebrate the small accomplishments/improvements. I don’t think you’re being fair to yourself to “reset”, I think you’re being too hard on yourself.

1 Like

I think that the future is something very important for me. I want to go to university, join the army afterwards and when I’ve saved up a big chunk of money, I’ll invest the money I don’t need and then (if it’s possible)build my own youth rehabilitation center. To do so I need to stop screwing up at school and learn to learn. But there are plenty of other things that I can do one day at a time and I’m surprised that I didn’t think of one day at a time yet lol.
Giving myself credit has been hard the last few days, but now that I’m out of quarantine I already feel much better about myself.

And if I recall correctly, today should be your day 100. Congratulations, I’m proud of you :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. . .it is my 100 days whoop whoop.

I understand that your future is important to you. Can you break into down into smaller goals and steps? Homework today for example.

Write down the things you’ve accomplished and you’ll be surprised :slightly_smiling_face:. Even the smallest deserve credit.

4 Likes

I decided to make a checklist of things I want to improve. To increase my focus on my goals. For statistics. And because I enjoy working with formulas in excel.
Here’s what it looks like
imageimageimageimage
The yes/no thing is not my actual rsult for today btw

I too love Excel & numbers. List looks good but am wondering if you really need the improvement part. Was glad to get to the bottom and see that wasn’t actually your day lol

1 Like

Im putting the daily improvement percentage in a graph. That way I can analyse when my dips occur and what events are around that time

1 Like