Traveling Sober

HELLLLLOOOOO TORONNNNNTTTTOOOO

15 Likes

One day out. Bank holiday here. Hiking. Bathing. Tourism. Cinema. Now sort of done.

No parking lots, no people. Easy equation.

20 Likes

I really hope this thread is still open when I travel to California in August! To be honest I’m kinda nervous because this will be my first sober flight. I’m terrified of planes and I won’t have alcohol to numb the anxiety :weary: wish me luck !

11 Likes

I hear ya.
I think flying sober was my biggest milestone. I kept telling people here I was flying. Did some sober selfies on the plane. A sober leg plane selfie. And knew I had everyone in my pocket. It really wasn’t so bad. Changing planes kinda sucked. But I remembered HALT
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired.
I realized I hadn’t eaten. I got myself a quick sandwich. Even though it was gross :face_vomiting: but it helped. Ear buds lots of music and guided meditations helped me a lot too. And then I was so proud of myself.
We got your back.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

I love that! HALT…
Thank you, I will keep it in mind! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

A good buddy of mine started a Thread on that.

It’s a pretty useful tool. A lot of people don’t know about it.

Oh, and not having a crushing hangover the next day was pretty cool too.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Wow that is awesome and eye opening! It makes so much sense! Thank you very much for sharing! I am pretty sure that will help me a lot :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Kinda funny I’m actually headed to the airport right now to fly to Dallas. I wasn’t even thinking about that when I was writing you. :laughing:
And I just ate.

4 Likes

That’s funny :sweat_smile: have a safe fly and have fun ! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I wanna go where you go!!! :heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I would post my vacays on ts! It helped keep me accountable. So I’m super happy that Eric @Dazercat started this thread :heart: Take lots of pics and updates so that you know someone is watching. I feel it really helps :slight_smile: Enjoy your vacay sober!!

5 Likes

That’s a great idea! I will definitely keep you guys posted on my upcoming trip :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I adore that photo of you on the beach! The lighting is fantastic, the contemplative look on your face is stunning, just all around a great picture!

4 Likes

Colorado River rafting!

14 Likes

So stinking cool! What a thrill!

1 Like

I made a short video from the footage they sent us. :grin::metal::metal:

9 Likes

That’s was fun! Super cool!

1 Like

Im heading to NC next week, I’m just gonna drive it, i mean shit i drove to Texas in January, a few hours on the road won’t hurt right? Kill Devil Hills, is we’re im headed. For all you NC folks I need tips. My friends just moved to that area from Cali, so it’s all new exploration

3 Likes

I went to see those places back in 2006 when I lived in Berlin :sunglasses::de:

3 Likes

I enjoyed a great 360° view over Nice from the terasse of the modern art museum.

This great. The took half of the street from the cars. This is what should be done.

Promenade des Anglais: next year’s finish line of the tour de France

13 Likes