Traveling Sober

UP is magical! Maybe you’ll run into @Dan531

2 Likes

I wish I was camping :wink:! You are right about the UP, its pretty awesome in the summer :sunny:.

Enjoy your camping trip @LAB and enjoy the greatest lake on planet Earth :earth_asia:.

4 Likes

Another sober holiday for the books: a week in Gemany. Living in a big appartement in a little village called Nordenau. Many hiking paths.
We are lucky with the weather.
Did many hikes and are catching up with our books to read.

Halfway our holiday now so still some days left to fill in :confetti_ball:

21 Likes

Relenquishing all control of your life to someone else for 5 minutes is a sure way to appreciate all that you have. Its synonymous with sobriety; you don’t know what is going to happen, you really can’t be sure if you will be ok, all you can do is hold on tight, enjoy the ride and put your faith in your higher power.

Yesterday, my higher power was personafied as a guy named Alex, and for 5 minutes, my life was in his hands. I held on tight and enjoyed the ride and in the end, I was ok!

17 Likes

OH I absolutely love it! glad you had a great time and are enjoying your vacation!

1 Like

My son did that. He was kind enough to show us the pics after and not tell us he was doing it.
But

#FUCKNO!!

4 Likes

It’s pretty crazy, it was an impulse decision to even book it several weeks ago. We had all that time to think about it and get anxiety over it. It’s something I normally wouldn’t do as I am a “play it safe” kind of guy, but lately, been stepping outside of my comfort zone (midlife crisis?).

It definitely makes you feel alive and would recommend doing it once.

7 Likes

I bought an M3 when I had my mid life crisis. 20 years ago :scream:
Glad you survived.

7 Likes

Hell yeah! Love a good skydive! @HoofHearted live it up out there

3 Likes

HELLLLLOOOOO TORONNNNNTTTTOOOO

15 Likes

One day out. Bank holiday here. Hiking. Bathing. Tourism. Cinema. Now sort of done.

No parking lots, no people. Easy equation.

20 Likes

I really hope this thread is still open when I travel to California in August! To be honest I’m kinda nervous because this will be my first sober flight. I’m terrified of planes and I won’t have alcohol to numb the anxiety :weary: wish me luck !

11 Likes

I hear ya.
I think flying sober was my biggest milestone. I kept telling people here I was flying. Did some sober selfies on the plane. A sober leg plane selfie. And knew I had everyone in my pocket. It really wasn’t so bad. Changing planes kinda sucked. But I remembered HALT
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired.
I realized I hadn’t eaten. I got myself a quick sandwich. Even though it was gross :face_vomiting: but it helped. Ear buds lots of music and guided meditations helped me a lot too. And then I was so proud of myself.
We got your back.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

I love that! HALT…
Thank you, I will keep it in mind! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

A good buddy of mine started a Thread on that.

It’s a pretty useful tool. A lot of people don’t know about it.

Oh, and not having a crushing hangover the next day was pretty cool too.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Wow that is awesome and eye opening! It makes so much sense! Thank you very much for sharing! I am pretty sure that will help me a lot :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Kinda funny I’m actually headed to the airport right now to fly to Dallas. I wasn’t even thinking about that when I was writing you. :laughing:
And I just ate.

4 Likes

That’s funny :sweat_smile: have a safe fly and have fun ! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I wanna go where you go!!! :heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I would post my vacays on ts! It helped keep me accountable. So I’m super happy that Eric @Dazercat started this thread :heart: Take lots of pics and updates so that you know someone is watching. I feel it really helps :slight_smile: Enjoy your vacay sober!!

5 Likes