Traveling Sober

:sweat_smile: air conditioning, the what?
Iv never heard of it :laughing:

5 Likes

Welcome to Europe! Just get more ice cream :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks
Drooling for some gelato. Off the sugar counter for my holiday. I’ll reset when I get back home.

5 Likes

Traditional autumnal visit to Paris.

14 Likes

AC?! You’ve got to be kidding. The heating will still
be on at Heathrow

5 Likes

Made it. First view of Florence

Santa Maria Novelle.

18 Likes

Not as impressive as my trip to Texas… but hey, we are sober, so that counts for something!

13 Likes

So true, when we where in Devon in December it was full on heating pretty much every where.
We went from -16 C and a lot of snow to 3 + C and sunshine daytime. Around 0 to -2 C and frozen nights.

Or hotel room was like a sauna, and at the restaurant pub they had the fireplace going all the time because it was so cold.
The doors on the train didn’t work properly because of the cold, and the qr credit card scanner at The Polar Express train ride didn’t work either because of the cold. :blush:

1 Like

I grew up in Devon, I know all about the broken things in the cold :wink:

2 Likes

Oh wow – wonderful view - glad you have made it safely to Florence :heart:

2 Likes

Happy sober smile Dan – have a great time in Texas

1 Like

Is that Dallas?
I don’t recognize the elephants.
I did most of my time in Austin.
Have fun.

2 Likes

That was in Round Rock, just north of Austin.

1 Like

Amazing Eric!! I love it!!

1 Like

That makes me long for Paris. Haven’t been since pre-COVID. But now I have to go and find gay Tintin :star_struck:

1 Like

14 Likes

It was a little surreal for us,since it was almost spring weather. We did dress for winter (our winter) so we where happily surprised.

The trip was absolutely lovley,we stayed in Buckfastleigh (It’s outside Tones) at a place Called The Abbey Inn,just at the river. With an amazing view over the river and the Dartmoor park.

Took a ride with the Polar Express from South Devon Railway.
Everyone was so nice and helpful. Felt like we were in a British tv show.
Passed amazing costal views with the train back to London. And decided that we’re going back for the summer maybe next year. We stayed only Thursday-Saturday, went mainly for the Polarexpress experience.

Saw so many things we wanted to explore but didn’t had the time to do that. So we need to go back. Can imagine that many places in Devon is amazing during summertime.

o

7 Likes

Sounds lovely!

You’re right on the edge of Dartmoor there which is worth a visit if you go back. Also not far from some of the most beautiful coastline anywhere. If you go back and would like some ideas please let me know :blush:

2 Likes

I will, thank you.
We’re definitely going back.
We had a London trip planned for May, but canceled due to the inflation.
Swedish money ain’t worth s**t today.
Going om vacation when you can’t afford to try awesome snacks and foods isn’t worth going.
Hopefully it gets better :blush:

2 Likes

I hadn’t spotted that, yeah the Krona is back to 2007 levels against GBP. GBP has been pretty weak itself too.

You’re right, London can be very expensive. It is possible to spend a fortune but it’s also possible to have a great time and not spend too much. A lot of places are free (galleries especially) and theatres have last minute sales places for later that day “bucket shops”. I have managed to get some incredible tickets very cheaply that way, as long as you don’t mind what you see. There is a public boat that goes down the river (a river bus) which is almost free and a brilliant way of seeing the city (versus a “tourist” cruise which costs big money). I guess living here helps with knowing that!

I have only been to Stockholm but would love to see more of Sweden one day

1 Like