Traveling Sober

Today was our first day in Yosemite, we visited Yosemite falls, and some other sites in that area. I logged over 10 miles on foot, my body hurts now!

20 Likes

Amazing photos! :raised_hands:t3::star_struck:

I think I’m always gonna be baffled that Yosemite is not pronounced like Vegemite :joy: Because for so long I thought it was. Then I saw a video in English about Yosemite like maybe in 2018, and I thought they were goofing around when they said the name. :woman_facepalming:t2::rofl:

7 Likes

200w (1)

3 Likes

An unbelievable place to visit I’ve been lucky enough to have visited it twice and would go back no bother again actually I would love to camp :camping: for a week but I’m trying to talk @Milele @Ravikamor into it :rofl::rofl:

16 Likes

I just wanted to share. Late seventies I climbed Half Dome spending the night in Little Yosemite. Memorable for sure.

7 Likes

It’s definitely a special place :+1:

4 Likes

Let’s go! Minus the bears :bear: :grimacing:

2 Likes

4 Likes

It’s probably my favorite place in the world. This is my 4th time here, I brought my Dad since he’s never been.

Today we hiked to Taft Point. It sits 3,500 feet above the valley floor, and theres nothing seperating you from it!

Looking over the edge!

Yosemite valley

Giant Sequoia tree

My son and my Dad on the edge of Taft Point

21 Likes

Whoa!!! Don’t fall off!!! That’s amazing!!!

2 Likes

Now doing Vegas sober BABY!!! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

20 Likes

Brilliant :star_struck:, @Ravikamor this will be us the next time lol :joy:

3 Likes

This will be you and I’ll take the picture from a safe non-scary distance like we did at the grand canyon! :joy:

11 Likes

Oh the skywalk :scream:I nearly shit :poop: myself when he said it was nearly a mile till the bottom of the canyon :joy:

9 Likes

Three generations in this picture.

Interesting boulder on Olmstead Point. How did they get there? No one knows!

15 Likes

Love that M&M man who helped me through all those sweetass cravings in the months following sobriety! #VegasStrip

Coca-Cola Float flight at the Coca-Cola Store- tastes oh so better than the bar’s flight AND I shared it with my kiddo!

BLINK 182 IN CONCERT!! :tada::sunglasses::confetti_ball:

And a tour through The Hoover Damn!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AMERICA :us: :blue_heart: :heart: :white_heart:
I do love my sobriety and travel!!

19 Likes

Where were you Thursday night :thinking:

I read Yosemites on fire :thinking:

3 Likes

I read that too, a fire near mariposa closed highway 140; scary! We left on that freeway at 4:30am on Thursday (yesterday, feels lile 2 days ago), put Yosemite in our rear view mirror and hightailed it to Seattle. Despite 6 stops, we made it in a little over 13 hours, thanks to zero traffic in Sacramento, Portland, Olympia and Tacoma.

6 Likes

That’s a haul.
Hate fire season. It’s is scary. Glad you’re home.

6 Likes

Traveling trough the north of my country (Netherlands) and Germany for 1 week. Sleeping in Airbnb’s and sometimes a hotel.

Just some of the things we’ve seen and done.
Sober and so making memories that last.

21 Likes