Truth and tough love

Ok, I googled and am going to do it but if this doesn’t work my next search will be voodoo dolls for dummies :yum:

7 Likes

Voodoo dolls for dummies is better than throat punches for asshats :joy:

7 Likes

Deliberate huh? :grimacing: I guess I’m not understanding this comment.

1 Like

Right. dotdotdot

I can’t like this enough! :joy:

Yes. Drinking is a deliberate act. Not like snoring in your sleep, not like having a dream about cheating on a partner. No one holds you down and pours the booze in your mouth.

You order it. You buy it. You pour it. You accept it when offered. You bring the glass to your lips. You drink it. It is a decision. You gave yourself permission to drink it. What’s not to understand?

Now this doesn’t mean you are evil, or deserve to be placed in stocks while the village children throw rotten fruit at you. This doesn’t mean you need to self-flagellate as penance for your sins.

It does mean that you need to accept responsibility for your decision, and make yourself accountable to whom you hold yourself accountable.

38 Likes

Bookmarked this I liked it so much. Thank you.

2 Likes

At least my sober twin has a good sense of humor :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have a Gemini moon that’s why!

2 Likes

I had to look that up, lol. My moon is Pisces, apparently.

1 Like

The disease and constant battle isn’t deliberate… and in no way am I avoiding responsibility for it. I feel like my point is being drowned out, but maybe I’m not in right place to go there… paddling back now. I understand the original cause/intentions of this post… my journey is a little different, but I’m gaining and learning from it and that’s all that matters.

7 Likes

Aww, your moon and your wife’s sun are a good match😊

Lol, she said the same thing. She knows all about that astrology stuff. I just know my birth sign. And now my moon sign!

1 Like

I agree 100%

I find it helpful. Like today and this coming week there will be misunderstandings and hurt feelings and big mouths. I for one will pray for the first time and stfu :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Right. Wouldn’t be here if that were the case?

1 Like

Well, if I don’t hear from you for a bit I’ll know your just keeping your signs advice :slight_smile: I don’t know if I’d call it a prayer, but reflecting on my behavior today and this evening and seeing it through my families eyes really was helpful. Willing to try the prayer, once I figure out a HP, for sure. Def here if you just have to vent

1 Like

I don’t think your journey different, rather I think you have yet to reach the point where you realize that this is a disease for which you have the power to send it into permanent remission, through a simple act of will: saying “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink, and saying “no” to the one hardest to deny…yourself. When you reach this point (and you will if you keep trying) you will finally be free.

It took me years to get here. I will never again put those chains on myself.

22 Likes

Oh I’ll be here everyday I just won’t be drop kicking my coworker. You’re all safe. I’m happy you had an insightful day.

No physical violence towards the shitty coworker. He’s lucky :slight_smile:

1 Like