Truth and tough love

I wish that one day im able to do something similar and give back. Ive got so much help from others :pray:

1 Like

Help comes in many forms, even something as small as reaching out on here is still help. Making coffee at a meeting. Answering the phone when someone calls. It’s all help in my book.

1 Like

I know, that is my first step :slight_smile: but having some years left before my retirement age, id want to do some valuable work with those in need.

I only have facebook and this now. Used to have instagram, twitter and snap chat! All mindlessly scrolling! I deleted majority of people off facebook and also turned off notifications so i only really get involved in my meditation self care groups on there now! Made such a difference to my own mental health!

3 Likes

Ironic, that as I was sharing about my job on this thread I found out I had a client pass away. I had grown quite fond of her as she was a really nice lady. It sucks, that’s for sure, but it’s definitely not a reason to go drink.

3 Likes

So wish I could get an old flip phone and call it good, but alas, my job requires me to have 6 moble apps to function. At least they pay 2/3 of the bill. The only social media I have is linkedin, also a job requirement.

I love to sit in my chair and immerse myself in a good book, ink on dead tree, and get away from all the blue light and infernal gadgetry.

4 Likes

If I could like this a thousand times I would! Social media is toxic! My kid is in 6th grade, and I’m keeping her away from it as long as possible!

3 Likes

Oh thats sad :confused:

This is incredible. Have had the thought of converting my smart phone to a flip phone several times, but always come up with excuses (some good) to keep it :expressionless: My kids will definitely be getting flip phones when the time comes. I don’t know how parents can afford it anyway :grimacing: if you think about how much we spend on these smart devices… such a waist of money.

2 Likes

Sobriety doesn’t happen overnight. I know you expect everything to get better immediately but that’s not how this works. You drank and used for how many years? Decades? Now you want to give up bc your life isn’t better in a week? It’s going to take years to get these repairs finished. Get over yourself and get to work for the love of God. And remember each time you relapse you are just making more work for yourself down the line.

12 Likes

Also, if you try a program for a week or two and don’t get the results you “want” then you need to change your expectations. The program (whatever it may be) works just fine or it wouldn’t be a program.

4 Likes

If you find yourself tempted or relapsing around certain people, these people aren’t your friends.

If you are running with a bad crowd, you are the bad crowd.

Better to be alone, than to go astray.

Eagles don’t flock. Crows do. What is a flock of crows called? A Murder.

12 Likes

Kratom! No! Just don’t do it!

You can’t detox off anything without feeling withdrawals. If that is your aim then you need to get your priorities straight. We all wish detox was painless, in the moment. Most of us are extatic that our detox was absolutely terrible. Not at the time, but looking back. If mine wasn’t absolutely crippling I’d be drinking and popping benzos again.

If Kratom makes you itch, doesn’t that seem a bit like the opiods you were taking before? Please get professional help! There are plenty of “resources” out there that praise this stuff. There are just as many resources that will show the other side.

I’m not trying to start yet another debate about this, I just need to put this out there. The whole thing makes me crazy.

9 Likes

Why on God’s green earth would someone in recovery encourage, much less instruct someone how to take this? I’m at a loss :sleepy:

3 Likes

Because weakeness. Weakness is what brought us to our addiction, weakness kept us in addiction, and weakness is at the root of every relapse.

Sobriety takes strength. Strong is what you get when you’ve run out of weakness.

8 Likes

Lol, not ahead of anybody! Everybody thinks it’s wierd! :grin:… And probably paranoid and conspiracy theorist etc…

1 Like

Do you put anything on your mobiles for protection? Partial protection, A suggestion is Shungite or smart dots. :wink: :rainbow:

Sorry for your loss. I saw your post yesterday and didn’t say anything. But somehow I dreamt about it. So I figured I should say something. Death shouldn’t go silent.

1 Like

Fastest way to detox is to do it cold turkey but can be dangerous in some situations. We dont know if they are bi polar or have other depression issues. Opiate n benzo withdrawls last a while and depression is REAL in the process while we are down can be crippling and to relapse at that point is inevitable on just will power but some people have more will power then others. This is why home detox only works for very few. If you look around the forum at the outcomes of rehabs, out and in patient and those who detoxed at home. . Even we have something called addiction coaches that are helpping and recovering addicts. You cant run to someone that isnt an addict and is going to understand what ur going through. Thats what makes this a space great to vent and exchange experiences.

2 Likes

The good news is my mobile is rarely on my body. I wear hearing aids that stream audio into my ears, and have a lapel mike to speak into.

Less chance of getting “Wi-Fried”.

2 Likes