Truth and tough love

Lol, i just ran across this…

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2019/03/researchers-airpods-cause-cancer-harmful-emf-radiation.html

Also, i hope one of those other ones u hafta use isnt Sales Force, god i hate that damn app

Yes, I have to use salesforce, and yes, the app sucks.

1 Like

Fancy you are Yoda!

1 Like

Eh…I tend to ignore the alarmists. Not saying they aren’t correct. It’s just we are exposed to all sorts of radiation, mostly from that big bright blob in the sky. All out lives, solar, cosmic, radio, TV, electronic emissions, radon, microwaves, xrays, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, i get people in my clinic all the time who want to opt out of getting X-rays taken because they do t want radiation exposure, yet they have no problem with a ton of other stuff in their lives. You get like 4x the radiation exposure on a 1 hour flight, compared to an X-ray. Then there’s the anti-microwave people, but they have a refrigerator, that emits way more radiation than a microwave. A prime reason why architects tend to not butt fridges against walls next to bedrooms.

4 Likes

Id say that those mobile phones we (who are old enough) used 20 years back were not harmless. I had to use them at work and was in long distance relationship. So i developped a tumor in my phone ear nerve. And im not the only one. Its fixed now but i lost half of my hearing.

Eh…I spent 14 years exposed to high powered radios, breathing cordite, burning oil wells and experiencing concussive overpressure, not to mention all kinds of vaccines for exotic diseases

Lucky that the only noted health issue is hearing loss.

1 Like

Yeah, besides the fact that ive spent the last 20 years smoking, drinking, and doing drugs ive been in a ton of xray, CT, and MRI machines the last 10 or so anyways. I threw my bluetooth headphones in this morning like always and i just ordered a set of those completely wireless ear buds samsung just released to compete with apple’s airpods. I think id just as soon get cancer as have to go through my day without a constant stream of music, podcasts, and audiobooks lol

3 Likes

Everyone will get cancer. It just depends on how long they live.

3 Likes

Blaming others for everything going on in your life is the easiest way to not work on yourself. Maybe, and that’s a big maybe, the situation isn’t your fault, but how you react to the situation is 100% on you. Also, your actions and behaviors put you in that spot whether you want to admit it or not. Time to be a grown-up and admit your fault in things.

12 Likes

“Your heart, your life, your happiness, is your responsibility and your responsibility alone”

“The road to power is in taking responsibility”

I couldn’t agree with this more, thank you for sharing.

7 Likes

Word brother!

Google is not a doctor. WedMD is not a doctor. Youtube is a collection of idiots making funny videos, but definitely not a doctor. A doctor is a doctor. I agree that doing research on medications and symptoms is a good thing so you can make informed decisions. But nothing replaces the advice of a doctor. A doctor who has trained for 10 years in a specific field so they can help us. I remember when I was a lawyer my client’s liked to go all John Grisham on me and do their own research before consulting me. 9 times out of 10 they made the situation 100 times worse, and I had to do all sorts of extra work because of it.

Research good. Self diagnosis and treatment bad.

14 Likes

But you are the Dr…can u self diagnose and treat urself?:thinking: Lol

1 Like

“I have the most solid step 1 ever, but all I can think about is drinking and my old drinking life, what I’m missing out on and was it really that bad?”

Total bullshit mate. Your step 1 is about as solid as baby shit in a blender

10 Likes

Agreed, i read a book recently about the opiod crisis and the rise of pharmaceutical companies like Endo and Purdue and there was a pretty interesting chapter interviewing doctors who witnessed it all. They all pretty much said the modern view on healthcare has shifted from being a service industry with its services rendered by trained professionals to a consumer business where patients show up as a “customer” demanding you sell them what they want. They attributed it to the ease of access to information via the internet leading said “customer” to think they actually know wtf theyre talking about as well as the acceptance of “pain as a vital sign” and physician rating systems by the medical community. A lot of doctors adopted the popular business philosophy that “the customer is always right.” because if you didnt give them what they wanted youd find yourself in front of a medical review board on trial for malpractice. Those hospital admins and government agencies reinforced that bullshit logic to the point that its engrained in society now. “The internet says i have this problem and the TV said this pill will cure it, i want it now! …WHAT? Exercise??? I cant exercise, that would require me to put in work on my recovery, i just need the quick cure.”
How presumptuous and stupid of us to assume a google search is the equivalent to spending years in medical school earning a degree. Its pretty rare that a quick fix works for anything in life and if it seems to u better be leary of it…drinking and getting high was my quick fix to all the problems in life and it didnt fix a damn thing, only made things worse and left me too foggy to realize it was happening

6 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I’ve just been watching for a while. Today is day 24 for me. I had 35 days before that. It’s kind of weird to talk like that because that’s kind of the way I drink. I would have long gaps like that, but when I would drink, boy I would make that a memorable one. I have learned in therapy that it doesn’t matter how often you drink that makes you an alcoholic, I fully understand that I’m a problem drinker. When I told my BF even my mom that I’m not drinking anymore they asked, “why? You don’t have a drinking problem?” (Now neither one of them are drinkers at all.) They even tried to talk me into not quitting. They say not to listen to my kids. They don’t tell you what to do, you’re an adult, they say. And I have to sit there and argue with them that yes, I do have a problem!
I’m a mean drunk and when I do drink, I can’t stop. It has caused a lot of issues in my marriage and with my children. I was self-medicating at first (I was undiagnosed with BiPolar ll) so I didn’t start drinking until my mid 30s. Drank for like 4 years and I couldn’t get stable on meds, so I went to rehab to get on a level playing field. It was actually the best experience of my life. I was sober for six years, then I started drinking again 3 years ago. I figured I was stable now and could handle it socially. However, this time around it’s been more of that pattern, where I would have these episodes from every couple weeks to like every other month. Thank God, this time it never escalated to the extremes that it did in the past. (Mental hospitalizations, the law, etc.) But this time some of my kids are done with me. They videotaped me too and I’m horrified! I never want my grandkids to see me like that! I know that I know, that I’m done, and it’s not worth taking another sip for the rest of my life. So now that they’ve cut me off, to be honest, the thoughts are coming back in my head, like why am I even doing this? I think more probably because the depression is kicking in? I know this is not a place to come to get a hug and a pat on the back. I’m harder on myself than anyone can ever be. I just had to get it off my chest. That I’m destroyed and I’m willing to acknowledge everything, but nothing is working with them.

6 Likes

Time and change. Those are the two factors you need to allow to happen. Time will pass, a positive change will occur IF you want it to, and IF you put in the effort. They will see the changes over time, and once that happens you will have the chance to reconcile. For now, just focus on your change…being better than yesterday, being the best version of you today.

2 Likes

You said 2 things that made me pause:

1. I had to argue with them that yes, I do have a drinking problem

Why do they need to be convinced? Why waste your energy convincing anyone? It’s not about them.

1. nothing is working with them.

I say this with love… You have 24 days.
Give it time.
Less talking. Let your actions do the talking.

It will be ok. You have got this.

And i GET it. I do.
Just keep putting one foot in front of the next

4 Likes

21 Likes