Truth and tough love

Thank you :rainbow:

1 Like

Definitely addictive. So sad just to see the top of everyone’s head nowadays vs. their eyes :cry:

4 Likes

Guess what!?! I’m having beer and wine at my wedding.

You know why? Bc I’m the alcoholic and not everyone else. People are allowed to drink and have fun. Despite many people’s insistence, alcohol is not evil, or the devil. It is for people like me, but alcohol wasn’t the problem. My alcoholism is.

Guess why I’m not worried. Bc I go to meetings and work a program every day. I work 10-11-12 to the best of my willingness. You like them 9th step promises? Those 10th step promises is where the real miracle is.

17 Likes

I’m still legitimately impressed at the bizzaro reasons people come up with that they say make them drink. Listen we are alcoholics. Drinking is what we do. Don’t be embarrassed that you feel like drinking. We all feel that way occasionally. What is embarrassing are the reasons we come up with.

My personal favorite: Meetings make me drink.

What’s your favorite?

11 Likes

Always made me chuckle. Like we need an excuse to get drunk.

4 Likes

Really the implication that anything, xyz, can make you drink/use.

How you react to the outside world and external forces is up to YOU. There are a million ways to deal with whatever “makes you” drink. You can do anything BUT drink.

Nobody is holding you down pouring booze in your mouth. Drinking, as with any action, is a choice.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Or worse, “I’ve been doing so well sober I thought I’d reward myself with a drink.”

11 Likes

That is a fantastic one. Up there with “talking about being sober makes me drink”

5 Likes

I went somewhere in the early days where everyone was drinking and they made me!

4 Likes

I can’t deal with my stress of anxiety without a drink.

5 Likes

And I choose not to drink. Even if…
A, my alcoholic brain is trying to manipulate me
B, everyone is drinking around me
C, I’ve had a bad day
D, I’ve had a good day
E, the sun is shining
F, the day has a y in it

4 Likes

But I’ve been fighting with normies about this “choice”. Sure I (and others) choose to drink (or use) but others seem to say that this makes it our fault we’re alcoholics. We’re just selfish loser winos? No. I chose the drink but I did not choose how it affects me. I did not choose addiction.

3 Likes

But not that I’m a victim either. I’m not saying that.

2 Likes

That’s a great point. Nobody chose how it affects them.

My sister told her kids when they were younger that nobody grows up wanting to be an alcoholic.

3 Likes

Those that don’t understand it. Or are in denial themselves.
My definition of an alcoholic for years was the down and out, with his bottle of cheap cider.
Its why it took me so long to admit that I am an alcoholic.

2 Likes

Everyone else was drinking.

4 Likes

Here’s one! I just drank to prove I don’t like drinking… 🤦

2 Likes

“See! I told you, I hate it. Now pass me another”

3 Likes

To get back at an ex :woman_shrugging: Makes total sense, right?

9 Likes