TV Series' - What Are We All Watching?

Fool me once - Netflix

Everybody is hyping about it. Guess they’ve not read the book. I’ve read the book a few years back and I’m marginally disappointed.
The book ending is bad ass!
The series ending has been changed compared to the book and is cheesy and mediocre :confused:
:squid:

2 Likes

Hey. I just finished this over the weekend. I really felt it was way too long in the middle, lost pace. I wasn’t that impressed to be honest and was slogging through to get it finished. I’m sure it was an amazing book, I used to read HC a lot, but they all blended into one after a few…

If you really want a good solid intriguing crime series then there are ones out there that are unmatched IMO like The Bridge - the original Swedish/Danish one.

Shame about fool me once as it started really well and ended ok, but the middle was a load of bloat. I didn’t like any of his other ones remade into TV either apart from the French one. Can’t remember it, just remember the excellent placement of a U2 song in it.

1 Like

I watched The Bridge, really liked it. But it lost some oomph after the first season.
You are right, the HC books become a bit samey samey after a while. I’ve not read them all, but Fool Me Once and WIN are definitely the best I read.
:squid:

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this… It WAS on BBC iPlayer, not sure now… Good stuff.

I’m obsessed with Scandinavian noir and crime if you hadn’t realised!

6 Likes

You ever tried Beck? TBH I haven’t, but the books by Sjöwall & Wahlöö that the TV series is based on were a big feature of my youth. My mum especially loved them and so did I. I’m curious what they made of it for tv in this current times (so I should try and watch some episodes), as the political ideas the writers had are rather dated now. They were communists believing in the Soviet Union model and they used their writing as propaganda, especially the later books they wrote. There’s a couple of movies made too, The Man on the Roof the only one I saw which was pretty good back in the day (1976 that is). They are recognised as the godfathers of the genre.

1 Like

No I haven’t, I tend to feel a little disassociated from some of the older spear heads of the genre like Wallander etc due to probably historical content and context. I’ll definitely check it out though. Always up for the good stuff. They are making such good TV these days it’s easy to forget there’s some really good existing stuff out there.

Het Gouden Uur was pretty enjoyable. I finished it, not bad.

1 Like

Just started watching Reservation dogs. Couple episodes in. Good so far

3 Likes

It keeps getting better and better as it progresses. For me it ended up being one of my favourite things I ever watched on TV. Enjoy!

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve watched something, where I’m actually really looking forward to the next episode. This has been one of those shows.

2 Likes

Who carries. Thanks

I am watching Loudermilk, the series about a sobriety coach. I really like it so far, reminds me so much of the Duplass work. I like oddball stuff.

3 Likes

Love this show. Adventure, humour, stories, relatable, fun!

1 Like

Im currently on Twisted metal on peacock . I figured why not i remember playing the game as a kid . Good topic btw

Nice! Me too, I will definitely check this out!

1 Like

Yes incredible show

Slow Horses. :clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Been watching The Shield starring Michael Chiklis recently. Brilliantly brutal in places. Great entertainment.

1 Like

Amazing show! Oldman was brill!

1 Like

I’m on the last two episodes and it is perfection. I hear there will be a new season.

1 Like

I actually really liked Cult as well but Asylum is my absolute favorite. Freak show was really good too! American Horror Stories had some really good episodes too!

5 Likes