Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Hey everyone! Wanted to get some insight maybe on something i want to try :slight_smile: I am wanting to try Intermittent Fasting with Carb Cycling (3 low carb days, 3 moderate carb days, and 1 high carb day with my 8 hour eating window from 11am-7pm). Anyone try this and if so what did u experience? Good and bad.

2 Likes

198.6 lbs.
I wonder where that pound went :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I am at 240 lbs and I want to lose some. However I am concerned I might be taking on too much at the same time trying to regulate my eating and my time (my time especially is mostly spent on my new business these days).

I might be overthinking this. Still though, I want to get it out there; it is one my mind.

6 Likes

I am so freaking proud of myself. I weighed myself this morning as i always do near the beginning of the week. I have finally entered the 220s. I havent seen this weight in years. Not sure exactly how much i should weigh tho being 5ā€™10". At 180 i was very thin. So not sure how low to go to feel comfortable. I do need to lose more for sure tho as im still not feeling 100% healthy. But happy with my progress so far

2 Likes

I hear what ur saying for sure Matt. Would even small changes to eating be benefical? Maybe diff substitutions for things. Every change begins to add up! For example if u drink alot of soda, maybe replacing that with a 0 calorie sparkling water? Thats what i do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea. I can tell you exactly where my weight came from, and (I believe) exactly what I need to cut in order to bring it down:

Snacking. A lot of ā€œeat my feelingsā€ bingeing on sweet and salty foods, either in the afternoons or in the evening. The calories add up quickly.

Personally I think my best bet is to eat balanced meals (fruit, protein, veggies, whole grains, brown rice) but to reduce my portion sizes so Iā€™m down around 1500-1600 calories a day. (Temporarily, to lose some weight.) Then when Iā€™m down closer to 200 lbs - which is doable as a general weight for someone of my frame and height - then I can hit a maintenance intake, around 1900 or 2000.

The trick is Iā€™m still in the early stages of settling and calming myself, emotionally. I think I might need to focus on that first.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I really struggled with emotionally eating for quite some time. I do still experience it every now and then. Idk if this will help but what has greatly reduced it for me was telling myself that I am responsible for my actions and behaviors. Not one emotion, not one person, or stressful situation is to blame for my emotional eating. It helped that i took the blame off of the situation for why i emotionally eat and instead took responsibility for my actions. It sort of made me realize that i have more control than i think. The key for me is that i began to realize that I choose to emotionally eat whereas I literally at one point, thought that I didnt have a choice but to emotionally eat to cope.
I also wrote out a list of things to do when i notice myself wanting to emotionally eat. Everything from exercise to self care to distractions to prayer. I know ur a busy man so idk how adding more onto ur plate would be beneficial but i thought id throw it out there.

4 Likes

Thanks Dana, that is helpful. I should be able to incorporate some of those strategies. (I mean, Iā€™m busy, butā€¦ too busy to be balanced? Whatā€™s the point of that? I donā€™t get to take time or money with me after I die. I do get to take self-respect with me :innocent:) I already take some time during the day for emotional check-ins and self-regulation, so I should be able to slot it in there.

4 Likes

Hi all
Im getting nowhere with the weight loss. I swapped alcohol addiction for dugar addiction. Now i dont eat properly so i can have enough calories for sugar in the evenings. Keep telling myself well at least im not drinking- but i need to shift this sugar habit now. Any ideas gratefully received! Sugar cold turkey? Or gradual cut down? Used to eat loads of fruit to try not to eat sweets but somehow stopped that these past few months

2 Likes

Cut down gradually, I reckon. Flavoured sparkling water is good and I came across a nice calorie free kombucha that I like of an evening. What is it that youā€™re mainly eating?

1 Like

Lots of chocolate and yoghurt which i add too much honey toā€¦

1 Like

171lb this morning. Iā€™m within touching distance of the ā€œhealthy weightā€ bmi zone. Iā€™m always at the higher end of these things as I have quite a large build so Iā€™m already happy with that weight.

3 Likes

Get yourself a gastritis, that cured me from my sugar- and salty snacks addiction.
Just joking :wink:
I sometimes still crave all the bad stuff but substitute it. For the sweet tooth: all kinds of berries and very dark chocolate, Joghurt with erythritol.
From time to time it has to be the real bad stuff and thatā€™s okay. Donā€™t go to zero sugar too fast or youā€™ll crave it insanely.

4 Likes

201.6 lbs. :grimacing: happy effing thanksgiving :grimacing:

6 Likes

68,2 kg and my belly size went down to 90 cm :boom::heavy_heart_exclamation:
I started with almost 74 kg and almost 98/99 cm.

Edit: I was curious when it clicked and I really started changing my diet: October 6th :muscle:
Only diet change, not really much sports.
When my tight back and neck are fixed I can start with workouts. Who knows what Iā€™m able to if I donā€™t stop :star_struck:

9 Likes

I know I havenā€™t lost weight but Day 17 and I definitely feel less bloated. :blush:

6 Likes

199.0 lbs.
:+1::pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Wanted to share something if thats okay :slight_smile: i was surprisingly shocked to see this today. I have always struggled with my weight in some form. I was a thin child, overweight adolescent. Got into drugs at 15. Became extremely thin and unhealthy. Seriously attempted help for drug addiction at 21. Gained 100lbs in 1 year due to substituting addictions from drugs to food. Lost 80lbs of that in a healthy way. Relapsed at 3 years clean and became overly thin yet again. At 31 i got pregnant, had a healthy pregnancy without drugs/alcohol. Gained some weight tho. Son was diagnosed with his brian tumor at age 2 and i gained a TON of weight. Turned to food to cope. I went to my heaviest at 275lb. I have never ever been that unhealthy and my body hurt. Id have dreams of having a heart attack and not being around for my son who needs me. I have been on a health journey for awhile now. I workout 5x a week (3 days with weight and 2 days cardio) and stick to a calorie deficit. I recently added 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. But as of today i am 228lbs. In this photo is a before and after. And the before pic wasnt even my heaviest :frowning: Im embarassed to show this bcuz i am saddened at how far I let myself go. I have always been a gym finatic and for the most part quite thin. But life got in the way. My priorities where my son and his diagnosis (as it should be). But now that hes doing much better, i am able to focus on a me just a bit. Heres a before and after. The after is me today :slight_smile: im shocked at the progress and it really motivates me to keep going.

16 Likes

So proud of you Dana! There is nothing here to be embarrassed by. All I see is a resilient human that life kept trying to drag down but that keeps getting up and fighting! :muscle:t3: :muscle:t3: youā€™re one tough cookie and Iā€™m glad to see your progress. I hope you can feel that pride in yourself as well. :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Ur are such a beautlful human being! Thank you for ur post and for ur love and encouragement. The before pic is hard for me to see. I was sooo unhappy and physically hurting. But today i am feeling stronger and getting closer to my goal each week. I dont get proud of myself too oftenā€¦ but my clean time and this pic are 2 things that im really actuallt proud of myself for :slight_smile:

3 Likes