Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Great job loosing the 60 pounds!!

Wanted to share with you all a non- scale victory!

I never used to be able to even come close to doing up the backpack belt. And with a jacket on, that was impossible. Today i can do it up AND theres a little room to spare for a jacket! Down 50 lbs as of today from my heaviest weight!

10 Likes

198.4lbs.
Down 2.
Up 2
Down 2
Up 2
Down 2.
:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

169lb this morning :blush:

FINALLY in the healthy weight range!

6 Likes

Monday only up a tad @ 198.8 lbs :monkey_face:

5 Likes

Monday weigh in:
Down 2lbs since Dec 12th :muscle:

4 Likes

Wow way to go!!!

2 Likes

Down 26 lbs today over 78 daysā€¦ about to hit my first semi-big goal which was get below 200 lbs by Jan 1 2023. Little over 2 lbs to go to break that barrier which Iā€™ve not been below for 5 years! I got close a few years agoā€¦ got hurt and once healthy again didnā€™t resume putting in the work!

Iā€™m most proud so far that I worked thru a back injury that sidelined me from exercise for three weeks and once healthy again I successfully resumed putting in the work! Also just went out of town for a week and didnā€™t gain any weight during the trip! Just trying to do it one day at a time!

2 Likes

198.8 lbs :gift:
A beautiful Christmas gift to myself :christmas_tree:loosing a few going into the Holidays. :blush:

2 Likes

Iā€™m down 65 lbs in just under 7 months. Feeling great. Another 10 lbs and I will have reached my goal. Now to start packing on some muscle!

7 Likes

68 kg, sometimes a little more but never less. Someday this will go down, I know it.
The belly size went down to 89 cm this morning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Wohoo :raised_hands::tada:

6 Likes

197.6 lbs
Keeping under 200 for the Holidays.
:pray::christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Checking in here finally ready to take action. I gained 100lbs from drinking and inactivity and im sick of the low self esteem. Im not at my heaviest but im up there.

Today 218lbs

I will check in periodically

7 Likes
  • enters thread with her tail between her legs *

Hiiii :pleading_face: :point_right::point_left:

Ok so i miiiight have messed up a littleā€¦ ok a LOT !

Damn im outta control!! :sweat_smile:

I dont even know what my weight is im too scared to check right now :grimacing: i dont think its too crazy but ive easily gained like 30lbs since i was last on this thread. :flushed: i think i lost 50lbs over all last time (by damn near starving myself im not gonna lieā€¦) so least i didnt put all of it on right? Riiiiight!?

Well i am in a much MUCH better place now and i really want to tackle my issues with food/weight now im feeling over all more stableā€¦ Iā€™ve got a real messed up relationship with food/body image in general, i dont want to live like this but im also not happy with how i look and feel right now so i need to do something about it, so ive made this post for some accountability.

Im feeling gross after the Christmas period and have seriously overindulged, but i allowed myself to as i guesed it was better than drinking (always!) So I dont wanna beat myself up over it. Now its time to start taking care of myself properly. Its consistency i stuggle with it seems so hopefully posting here will help with thatā€¦ weā€™ll see anyway :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

194.0 lbs
Now that Iā€™m watching my borderline high cholesterol :grimacing: Iā€™m able to get below my goal weight. I hope to find a balance.
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

67,9 kg this morning wohooooo!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Ok. Somehow this thread has managed to evade me since I started using TS almost two years ago. I thought something like this might be triggering for people with issues around eating. I am delighted to see that it exists since weight is a huge part of my journey, and a huge motivation for staying sober.
After initially gaining about 20lbs by replacing alcohol with sugary snacks (biscuits, chocolate, ice-cream, etc.), I managed to get a handle on things after around 8 months. The clarity of thought that not drinking gave me, and the strength and the confidence that I gained by not drinking was instrumental in this.
I now eat Whole Foods as far as I possibly can and have cut out processed sugar as far as is possible in our culture - since it is in so many things. This, coupled with 10,000 steps every single day, has meant that my weight has gradually edged down to where I want it to be. I do not feel that I have deprived myself at all during this time. I fill up on nuts and berries whenever Iā€™m hungry.
My issue now is knowing when to stop. I have seen family this Christmas who have told me that Iā€™ve ā€˜gone too farā€™ and that I look unhealthily thin. I disagree with this, but I donā€™t want to just dismiss it out of hand.
I have just realised that this is a check in thread, and I donā€™t want to derail it, so if you have a response, feel free to PM me.

6 Likes

You say your weight loss was very gradual which is great, but family that you havenā€™t seen in a while will probably see it as more dramatic and therefore problematic. Is your BMI and other measurements within the healthy range? And your calorie intake reasonable for your activity level? If so, you should be absolutely fine. :blush:

3 Likes

I think theyā€™re ok. Iā€™m away from my Wi-Fi scale at the moment, so this data is a couple of weeks old. I donā€™t think itā€™s gone down over the last couple of weeksā€¦

Youā€™re right. I donā€™t see family for most of the year. Thanks for your response. Sorry for derailing.

4 Likes

So proud of myself tonight. Got home late and didnt wanna cook. I was gonna go easy and order a pizza. BUT i ordered grilled shrimp and a salad!

I made this decision to control my portions, improve quality, and get moving before new yearsā€¦so this isnt a new years resolution that will ultimately fade but just like my sobriety it will become my new way of living

8 Likes