Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Just checking in. Lost 16kgs in 7 months so far. Hoping to loose another 10kg within the next 4 months. What a journey!

7 Likes

Checking in on the weigthloss journey.

6/2: 86kg
10/2: 84.5kg
17/2: 83.3kg

Its going down. And Im back at work, 50%, so Im walking alot more. Just have to keep away from all the sweets in the lunchroom.

6 Likes

Saturday weigh in
194.lbs.

Even better. First time in forever Iā€™m wearing a 34 inch shorts 35 inch jeans. 3 years ago when I started this sober weight loss journey I was up to a 42 inch waist. Feeling comfortable in sobriety and weight loss
:pray::heart:

11 Likes

Way to go @Dazercat

2 Likes

Down 1 lb this week. Slow but steady wins the race

8 Likes

Well thatā€™s scary, thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be honest , my weight has been bugging me, especially since I shaved my face and I can see my true self today not hidden in all my patchy facial hair.
I honestly like my features , and how young I look for my age, but those years of alcohol abuse and even just eating constant junk/fast food sadly caught up to me.

I donā€™t think I can afford a gym membership right now (not an excuse Iā€™m legitimately not able to afford one right now due to financial issues related with drinking)

What are some recommendations you have regarding weight loss ?

I was thinking stuff like maybe going plant based for a bit, cutting out sugars , most oils / fats .

I remember when I did a 2 week fast at the beginning of the year I slimmed down pretty fast. I also didnā€™t touch alcohol for those 2 weeks but I did sadly relapse right after.

(Day 4 of no alcohol for me)

4 Likes

Be careful trying to take on too much in early sobriety. Not eatting enough could lead to addiction cravings.

But there are benefits to working out more. You dont have to go to the gym to get a workout in. Theres walking, running, squats, pushups, situps, etc.

I gained like 100lbs from drinking and being sedentary. I finally felt secure in my sobriety and am making positive changes in my lifestyle after 8 solid months of sobriety and AA.

Everyones path is different.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier you.

6 Likes

@Cjp ah yes , see thatā€™s probably what caused my relapse at the beginning of the year now that you say that ā€¦ cause I did a new years fast where I cut out so many things like all sugars, so many oils, grains, and a lot more, even stuff like coffee and pop and my cravings went off the looseā€¦ I feel like now put it that way thatā€™s why my relapse happened so fast right after I broke my 2 week fast because then my body started craving everything it hadnā€™t had.

Maybe I should take it easier and slowly going into my first couple of weeks of sobriety again and try to make a slightly better game plan. Better to be sober then getting too into my head and causing another relapse down my journey. Like Iā€™ve said before on this app , my last relapse was so bad I just said to myself ā€œthats it Iā€™ve had enough , Iā€™m done with alcoholā€

I know my mind can be a dark place and easy to relapse with since I live alone and spend majority of my days / times alone. So maybe stressing over stuff like this on day 4 is a bad thing already. :joy:

3 Likes

Walking and running are both good exercise and also minimal outlay. Also yoga classes online are often free/ very cheap. Routine is probably the most important thing to establish in early recovery.

4 Likes

Have you heard of HALT? Hungryā€¦Angryā€¦Lonelyā€¦Tired. all of these conditions bring up cravings. So if you find yourself craving ask yourself if youre experiencing any of these and try to provide healthy solutions

4 Likes

Holding steady at 168lb.

3 Likes

Guys, I finally broke through my plateau! Itā€™s be cause I was sick and slept of a week but it still counts right

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing!:+1:t2:

I used to eat Lind dark chocolate befor I started my diet.:confused:

1 Like

Still counts!! @Frazzetta

3 Likes

I weighed in at the doctors office the other day at 168 pounds. For me, Iā€™ve always hated my body, weight, size, how I carry fat, etc. Even at 120 pounds (Iā€™m 5ā€™7) I felt obese. I most likely have an undiagnosed eating disorder of some sort, but itā€™s no excuse to keep up the way I have- I binge ate a ton while drinking. Iā€™m now classified as overweight according to the BMI scale. Itā€™s hard to find that balance of wanting to get healthier and lose some lbs and still loving myself and think Iā€™m worthy of love and acceptance. Iā€™ll admit, I fell into the body positivity movement and allowed myself to indulge into waaay too many sweets and not enough exercise.

My family has a lot of weight related health issues- diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. You name it. I know for my own sake I need to take my health more seriously. I just fall into the hole of counting calories, becoming obsessive, feeling like shit about myself way too quick. Iā€™m hoping to change my ways. I would love to raise a family one day and lead by example to my future children. I donā€™t want them to fall into binge drinking, suffer from body dysmorphia, and all the fun stuff I used to/still do struggle with.

7 Likes

Iā€™m going in the wrong direction, but Iā€™m not trying very hard eitherā€¦ :sleepy:

3 Likes

Checking in on the weigthloss journey.

6/2: 86kg
10/2: 84.5kg
17/2: 83.3kg
24/2: 82.2kg

7 Likes

94.6 kg ~11 kg to go.:+1:t2:

5 Likes

Friendly hotel scale says 191.6lbs
I could be loosing too much weight.
Weā€™ll see what the home scale says next Saturday.

6 Likes