Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Checking in Janaury 17th 2021
Goodmorning ! Making my smoothie for the morning for lunch ill be having a turkey sandwich
Then dinner ill have a chicken breast with side of rice :fire: LETS GOOOO !!!

1 Like

My weekly weigh is today and Iā€™m down 1.4 lbs!! I am very happy with that!! Iā€™m now 144.4 lbs (started at 151.8 lbs 7 weeks ago) so Iā€™ve lost 7.4 lbs in that time. 7.4 lbs doesnā€™t sound like much especially over 7 weeks of working out regularly, eating better, NO ALCOHOL, but I know it is something to be hugely excited and proud about, and I most certainly am! I did this for me and for my health and happiness. I have my whole future ahead of me. Itā€™s not about the destination but the journey. On top of ALL this, tomorrow Iā€™ll have 2 months sober!! Make it a great GREAT day all!

4 Likes

Congrats thats a major victory happy for you :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for being so enthusiastic and supportive, it means SO much!! :blush:

2 Likes

4.5 pounds off, feeling its water loss but Iā€™ll take it :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Of coursee ! :blush:
There is nothing more that i love to hear when someone is reaching or has reached there weightloss goal or weight gain !

2 Likes

Congratulations !!!

Cheers pal, tha not doing too bad ya self old love :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Definitly not ! I appreciate it very happy with my journey :partying_face::partying_face: yours to keep it going

Just finished dinner one chicken breast spices i used was ground black pepper , salt , cayenne pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning , basil leaves , olive oil , oven pre heat to 450 for 25 min came out with the juicest chicken breast :+1: now to relax and get ready for my 20 minute workout :pray:

Off day on eating cause I have a quick turnaround shift,

Breakfast eggs, whole wheat toast.

Gym

Lunch protein shake, Turkey/cheese melt. Almonds and chewy protein bar.

Dinner will be late tonight but, Iā€™m hurting from the gym day, over 2 hours there, alot of ab workouts along with lats, no pain no gains but shit I should be a superstar after today

1 Like

king of snacks :heart: apple sliced with organic peanut butter :heart::trophy::tada:

3 Likes

checking in got my smoothie in the morning LETS GOOOO !!!

2 Likes

Good morning
2 thingsā€¦
1 those smoothies you have they already come made you just add water? And 2 looking for your quit smoking post you mentioned. Iā€™ve been thinking about it. And the time is coming. Iā€™ve never considered quitting before now. Iā€™m a pack a day smoker I roll my own so Iā€™ve always justified it as healthier cheap etc. I think on the horizon is a quit date. Iā€™m 37 days alcohol free and going strong. Maybe I feel a little too brazing but the seed has been planted on quitting cigarettes. Thanks

2 Likes

Good for you Emily.
Yes. Those smoothies come from Dailyharvest.com. And they are prepared. Great selection. I use coconut water. Sometimes oat milk. Depending. Their food is not so good. But I love the ease of the smoothies. To me itā€™s totally worth the money.

No smoking. I just saved that to my clipboard so I donā€™t have to dig it out. One thing I didnā€™t mention on there since you are planning to quit.

They told us to count our cigarettes, they gave us a clicker, for a week before we quit. So we could say good bye :wave:. So I guess pick a date in advance so you know your saying good bye. Hereā€™s the rest.

I got some tips if your interested. I smoked many years ago and my boss paid for us to do a stop smoking clinic. It worked. I didnā€™t just quit smoking. I STOPPED smoking.

Anyway. The things that worked best for me were.

First 2 weeks.
No booze. U should have that down already I hope.
No sugar
No caffeine
These things are all triggers.
Drink lots of water. Seriously drink water like youā€™ve never drank it before. Helps flush out the nicotine.
I got some worry beads to keep my hands busy.
Get a straw. Keep it in your mouth and suck in fresh air. I remember waiting tables and I always had a straw in my mouth for about a month. Even taking orders. It was definitely a conversation piece. I found the big fat McDonalds straws work the best. Cut them in half.
Drink lots of water.
The most fun or interesting part was mess up your brain. Smoking is a habit right. Start messing up all your habits.
Sleep on the other side of the bed.
Drive to work a different route
Use your spouses car if u can.
Sit in a different spot for dinner.
Shower in the evening if u usually shower in the am.
You get the idea.
Did I say drink lots of water?
Good luck. I didnā€™t think this was going to be this long. But it worked for me. Maybe because my wife and I were planning on starting a family back then and I didnā€™t think Iā€™d be a good example being a father with a butt in his mouth. But I had tried before and nothing worked until I had all these tools to help me.
Good luck. God bless.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

And congratulations on your 37 days. Maybe quitting smoking will help take your mind of quitting drinking. :pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Thanks all really good pointers I wouldnā€™t have thought of. I feel I have such good traction this time not drinking that quitting cigarettes actually seems possible. Iā€™m gearing up to it but not ready yet mentally. I know it will happen. Thanks for the tools to get my brain started. Iā€™ll keep you posted in the weeks to come!

2 Likes

January 18th 2021
Day 1 of Week 2 of my 60 day program of shaun T insanity workout im so FREAKING PROUD of myself i found myself pushing thru a workout i couldnt hang on to last week but i did im progressing and im getting better got through the full 30 minutes of insanity without stopping halfway :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch: yes im in my pool of sweat i feel like im about to puke what i ate when i push myself hard thats what it takes this is what its all about its about how bad i want weightloss LETS GOOOO !!! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Do you do the subscription to Daily Harvest @Dazercat?

Edit: Nevermind I scrolled up and read:-)

1 Like

Love the smoothies. Iā€™ve tried a lot of the food and didnā€™t like the food menu items very much.
But the smoothies are worth the money in my opinion. No shopping. No chopping. No thinking. I like that part best :crazy_face:. Every once and awhile with these food clubs you get a bum box defrosted or mix up but they always give me credit when I call and complain. It doesnā€™t happen often but it does happen. Itā€™s getting to be pretty big business now. They got to keep the consumer happy.
Blueberry Cacao and the Cold Press Coffee with Avocado are my faves.

3 Likes