Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Thanks! Imagine what exercise could do, which is what I will probably do for a while before I test those waters. Hehe.

2 Likes

Down to 214.4 from a high of 270 with the help of gastric sleeve surgery in Dec. Not out of breath going up stairs anymore. Going down stairs is easier mobility wise.

9 Likes

Day 22 and down 6.4 lbs! So happy!:star_struck:

6 Likes

Iā€™m jumping on here too! Iā€™ve gone from 197 to 188 in the last three weeks. Itā€™s been a lot of work on the elliptical but thatā€™s how I did it last time. Before my surgery I was in my best shape at 167 and my goal is to get to 165. Proud of everyone here, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2::muscle:t2:

7 Likes

Since last nights post, I feel like I need to really hold myself accountable for what I eat, log my calories into here (and to be honest about it), and to keep track of any progress. So here we go:

Checking in
Consumed 1894 calories out of 1900
Water intakeā€¦ maybe 20oz (literally drank coffee all day :fearful:)
Actually made a better choice and chose whole wheat instead of white for a bagel while on the go
Fought the urge to eat the entire choc bar that I bought. I had a craving for chocolate so went to buy one. Was about to eat the entire thing but asked myself if I really needed to do that, which was no. So instead I put it in the fridge. Logged the info for it into my app and decided I could eat like 1/3 of it. That way it will fit into my calories and not make me feel sick.
Tmrw is a workout day. We will see if working our effects me and my appetite and food intake differently

6 Likes

@kat261 , youā€™re doing great! Wonderful youā€™re getting back your breath and mobility!
@Butterflymoonwoman yay you!!! Awesome!
You can count coffee in with your water intake.

The standard for water requirement is to 1/2 your weight in pounds, drink that many ounces of water a day, more for more activity and hotter weather.
If you weigh 160 pounds.
160 divided by two = 80
80 ounces of water a day.
Just a general guideline for anyone wondering how to determine water intake. .

I just googled and see that ā€œtheyā€ have raised it to be a half to 1 ounce of water per pound of weight.
All of you with kilograms may have another formula.

Aim for your urine to be light colored or clear.

3 Likes

Thanks @Alisa that is really useful.

I did my usual and lost weight on holiday! Never fully understand it but think it is because I donā€™t snack much and walk a lot more. I was coming in at 70.9kg which I havenā€™t been for ages.

Then covid hit and I havenā€™t lost my appetite at all, in fact think it is strangely more and I am obviously not moving. Hoping it isnā€™t too much of an increase.

Edit: just weighed myself and 70.8 which is 11st 2lbs. I havenā€™t been this weight in over 2 and a half years, before I went into hospital with mobility issues.

2 Likes

Iā€™m 93 days AF and Iā€™m down 17#s as of now, I set a goal for six months from January to July to lose 25#s, I feel determined I will surpass 25.

3 Likes

I would never sell anything here as this is a sacred place that means a lot to me

I am a health and fitness coach and it anyone wants advice, support, or encouragement, ect. I and here for you! :heart::heart:

5 Likes

My eating habits are slowly getting healthier. Been super concerned about my weight lately and just wanting to feel better overall and have more energy. Along with working out Iā€™ve been logging my nutrition daily and making changes based on how I feel and how foods make me feel. Thot id post my lunch lol cuz I was sort of proud of it haha. Not only was this healthy but super cheap! Everything except for the apple was bought at the dollarstore :slight_smile: no excuses for me to not eat healthy. I also took @Its_me_Stella advice I got myself a 78oz water jug from the dollarstore too to help me drink more water.

Today was:
Breakfast - 2 eggs and cold brew coffee ā€” 253 calories
Lunch - I was super hungry so I had a chicpea sandwich on rye bread, 1 apple, & 1 cup of pineapple ā€” 483 calories

Noticed changes already in my mental and physical health already! And itā€™s literally been not even 2 days

5 Likes
  1. :scream: :grimacing:

I was 199. Friday. I donā€™t see it recorded. :thinking:
Oh well. What the hell.

3 Likes

Monday weigh in!!!
I actually dropped 2.8lbs since last week Monday!! Majority of it is probably water weight but Iā€™ll still take it. I have made changes recently so some of that is probably due to those changes. But im happy to be seeing some change (however it came about).

4 Likes

:warning::warning:TW- ED mentioned

Day 1 again of all the stuff physical health related. I can honestly say I had to reconvene after a mandatory break for dealing with my mental issues and Iā€™m ready for rolling forward now.
Meeting with my doctor this Wednesday for a nutritionist referral. My oldest and longest standing substance issue is really with food. Unfortunately I also intentionally and unintentionally tried being ā€œsoberā€ from that essentially (w/ED itā€™s like iykyk) and after fucking around, I found out. Trying to be synergistic with my physical and mental health routines. Not my fortĆØ, but Iā€™m here.
Iā€™m at ~190lbs today. My lowest was 154 last summer but it was 100% not brought on by healthy and even balanced dieting choices so I had to stop.
I also immediately switched to the polar opposite and started bingeing again once I attempted to switch to a maintenance level of calories. Things with my food relationship are incredibly tenuous every time. Itā€™s hard to regulate. Plus the body dysmorphia is always lurking as well.
Iā€™m starting easy with not starving myself during daylight hours and no bingeing and such in the evenings. My therapistā€™s advice is to take it slow w/regard to my ED recovery.

I like this community already so trying to route the accountability part of that here as well because Iā€™ve noticed a lot of other folks here go through similar paths of life.

Iā€™ll be back to check in tmw! Thanks again always

6 Likes

Still here doing the things, woke up and ran 45 minutes today, going to commit to intermittent fasting style diet plan since it was easiest for me to stick with last time.
Meeting with my doctor to get a referral to a nutritionist as well today and restarting tracking my calories to make sure I donā€™t go under or over.
Sorry for probably drastically oversharing in my last post Iā€™m still kind of working on that habit tbhā€¦but I hope everyone has a successful day today.
I would say ā€˜letā€™s get this breadā€™, but itā€™s the weight loss thread lol so

4 Likes

Good for you :raised_hands: Theres so much good support out there - asking for help is such a helpful thing. Keep us posted: thatā€™s a good step :innocent:

1 Like

202.00 lbs.
:+1::purple_heart::cactus:

I had gotten down to 195 after surgery but when I started drinking heavy I went up 55 pounds to 250. I was 385 on surgery day and my highest recorded weight was 473. Iā€™m on day three, and have dropped 7.5 pounds. Iā€™m trying to be very aware of my eating patterns, and following intuitive eating. I had been both drinking heavy and grazing all day. Now I am trying to get back to my post op weight loss phase eating rules, watching protein, complex carbs with minimal simple carbs, and trying not to eat more than 4 times a day. My pouch holds about 40% of a sandwich loaded with turkey, a slice of cheese, lettuce and tomato. Iā€™m storing the other half for second lunch, and giving what I canā€™t eat in one go to the dog. It is helping. Although Iā€™m overdoing the Coke Zeros. Sorry for the ramble.

1 Like

Weigh in Monday.
199.8 just under.

1 Like

Sober 4/21/22 at 242.2#
Today 244.6.

2 Likes

My relationship with food is like my relationship with drinking. If I have it or see it I drink it or eat it. Iā€™ve never considered myself having an ED. But boy do I binge. Thatā€™s why I gave up sugar and started my no added sugar counter on here about 8 months ago.

Iā€™ve been doing intermittent fasting for about 5 years now. I love having only 2 meals a day. And only worrying, yes worrying, about 2 meals a day now instead of 3. It definitely isnā€™t for everyone. The last maybe 2 years. :thinking: Itā€™s hard for me to remember time since Rona fucked things up a couple of years ago. :grimacing: But anyway. I tweaked my intermittent fasting to a fruit smoothie at 11am. Lunch/brunch or first meal of the day 1:30 ish pm. And my last meal of the day, late dinner 6:30 ish pm.
And the last week or 2 Iā€™ve cut out any snacks in the evening like 0 sugar chocolates or 0 sugar cookies. Because when they are in the house I binge on them.
Anyway. Thatā€™s whatā€™s working for me.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

2 Likes