Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Well had gastric sleeve surgery last Tuesday and am now at 256 lbs 14 lbs down from my highest. Still on full fluids (protein shakes, skim milk) and averaging about 900 calories a day.

I broke down and had half a cup of coffee this morning cause struggling with the energy but so far no ill effects.

I gotta say, this certainly cuts the binge eating off at the kneesā€¦you justā€¦canā€™t.

5 Likes

Weigh day late
Maintaining best I can.

2 Likes

Sigh

I definitely want to do this

Desperately trying to lose weight to eliminate the toxins in my body fat from prescription medication metabolites

Iā€™m at 215-220. For my height, I should be at 180 at the most, or 185.

Been taking apple cider vinegar, lemon water, and lifting weights. They say weight lifting is the best way to cut out fat, but I am just not seeing that. If I lift, I end up getting more hungry and then I eat too much food.

Trying to do an intermittent fast, by having a protein shake after I work out and then just eating dinner well before bed.

I guess I will have to keep at it.

I remember being 185, mostly muscle, at 5ā€™11" around 12 years ago. Then my metabolism slowed to a crawl. I think one of my medications caused quite a lot of my weight gain. That, and my laziness lol

Gonna try to do 50 push-ups at least and 15-20 reps of most upper arm exercises with 15lb dumbbells later today, and possibly some squats

3 Likes

Weight loss is coming ok, 11 pounds off since surgery so Iā€™m 254.

I am not eating much, a couple protein shakes a day. Greek yogurt. Cream of wheat. Soup without chunks. I am usually not physically hungry though sometimes in the middle of the night.

But oh, the head hunger. Here comes my addiction! I want a big damn burger. Fries. Fish and Chips. Noodles. Rice. Meat. Ha ha.

All in all though I am grateful to my new stomach which says No for me.

Kat

3 Likes

Well, I did some free weights, push-ups, and planks today. I have probably lost maybe a half pound since I started working out a few weeks ago, but I am skipping too many days. I have noticed that my weight training has defined my abdominal muscles a bit, but I have to flex them to even see them-lol. Thereā€™s just too much belly fat I am still dealing with. I need to be more consistent.

One of the issues I have is the benzo belly I am trying to work offā€¦which if I donā€™t suck in my stomach at all, it looks like I am expectingā€¦and I am a male so that doesnā€™t make senseā€¦ahhhh! I donā€™t like benzo belly. I could cosplay as Santa, all I need is a longer beard hahaha

Ahā€¦oh boy. Iā€™m slowly making progress. Hopefully I can start doing 2 minute+ planks, I really need to strengthen those abdominal muscles because the abdomen not holding itself in place is hurting my back a fair bit.

I did do 2 reps of 45 second planks, so thatā€™s not terrible, but I definitely have a lot of room for improvement

4 Likes

5 months clean and sober.
Checking in at 149 1/2lbs
Grateful to be a part of this Sober family
Together we can!!
Hopefully the honey and I will get a hike in despite the liquid sunshine .
May everyone feel good about themselves, be your own best friend!! :raised_hands::hugs:

3 Likes

201.2 weighing in a day late to be accountable.
Watch it there :grimacing:

4 Likes

I am just beginning my journey. 5ā€™10", 207 lbs. Goal weight: 175 lbs. Quitting alcohol definetely prompted excessive sugar consumption. Yet another demon to conquer :facepunch:

2 Likes

Way to go Maria, being health conscious, you wonā€™t regret it!! My Dr and also Pema Chodron my guru both say the same thing: Everything is workable. Letā€™s go get it :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you, Owen! I had to type those numbers down to make them real. Canā€™t play denial any longer :see_no_evil:

1 Like

203.4 :grimacing:
Holiday weight.
Iā€™m going with. ā€œAt least Iā€™m sober!ā€

4 Likes

Just checked my weight. I donā€™t weigh myself often.

I was at 215

I am actually at 200 nowā€¦I guess the push-ups, planks, and free weights have been paying off.

I really want to work my legs more but my tendons have been killing me for a couple weeks. :confused:

Goal: 185. Gonna take some timeā€¦

4 Likes

I used to be an online coach & had approx 1600-1700 clients before stopping in 2016. Iā€™m helping a friend start his own business but Iā€™m happy to help anyone using this app for free if you have any questions or want advice. Iā€™m working on my own health again and getting back in shape. Iā€™m currently 20lbs overweight & battling a couple of addictions so I totally understand the mental challenges as well as the physical. Good luck everyone.

5 Likes

@mteverest thatā€™s a very generous offer you are amazingā€¦

I had a whoosh on the scale this morning down to 250.4 which is nice maybe was the 30m of treadmill I did yesterday.

Nobody else worry about their weight, enjoy Christmas thatā€™s what the new year is for.

Kat

4 Likes

I donā€™t know who weighs in on Christmas Day but I forgot to yesterday.
204.6 still rising. But not panicking.
Just still trying to be accountable.

3 Likes

D 160 alcohol
D 3 nicotine
Weigh in at 1.5 lbs over, Iā€™ll gladly take it even if I still do have a belly : /
Merry Christmas sober fam!!

2 Likes

Yahoo! I reached my goal! My ticket was cutting calories. Exercise probably helped though. Going to lose a bit more as I still have a tummy.

Please Universe donā€™t let me gain it all back. No alcohol is surely helping, losing the beer belly, Ha!

My sponsor is a great mentor for health, he deserves credit here too!

Go with what works but donā€™t give up.

Letā€™s gooo! As @Truckinmonster21 would say.
:raised_hands::hugs::heart:

7 Likes

That is amazing!! Great work! :muscle: :clap:

2 Likes

I am hoping to be using this thread abit more often this year. I goal of mine is my health. And I have been slacking (this is an understatement) on eating better and exercise. Monday I usually weigh myself. Iā€™m scared to even get on the scale honestly :tired_face: anyway, u all inspires me so much!!! Wow. Gets me motivated when I read all ur posts!

5 Likes

I keep forgetting to long my Monday weigh in.
Not too bad for after the Holidays.

5 Likes