What are you sipping on today?

I love this thread for the same reason.
When I travel one of the first things I do is looking up a grocery store to buy all the snacks, candies and non alcoholic beverages I want to try. It’s so exciting :blush:

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I love when I go to new places and try different food and drinks. I live in the United States I’ve been to a few states but the only time I went out of the country is to London England in 2007. It was pretty exciting going to all the different corner stores, grocery places, and restaurants. Now that I’m sober and on the right path they will be plenty of opportunities to travel To new places.

2 Likes

I live in Sweden. The good thing with living in Europe is that travels are easy access. I’ve been to a lot of European countries and in Tennessee U.S where I got friends and family.
First time we went there it was like living in a movie. The yellow school bus, the school cafeteria, the fast food places. My friend laughted for about 10 minutes when I thought Applebee’s sold healthy options.
And Walmart, I probably spent half our budget on Walmart groceries, sodas and candy.
I even got toothpaste that tasted like cinnamon, and run around my friends house saying “Omg, omg, it’s like brushing your teeth with hot tamales” (My favorite American candy) they probably thought I was crazy :rofl:

On our way home we brought all the Halloween candy the kids collected and our Favorite Candy Corn which isn’t available here. The custom crew laughed and gave the kids stickers. Guess they also thought we was crazy, because to them it was just candy, cheap candy. And for us it was like a treasure. Nowdays we can get pretty much everything except candy corn from special stores here. Some sodas and cereals aren’t sold either because of the sugar and artificial flavoring/coloring content, some of it is illegal here.

2 Likes

:coffee::fallen_leaf:

6 Likes

That sums up the state of US food quite nicely! :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story about you first time America experience. Definitely made me laugh and I can relate. Very familiar with applebees and Walmart. I know how easy it is to go into Walmart for a couple things and leave with a cart load. I actually stopped going to Walmart because it causes me a lot of anxiety maybe because it’s so big and so many options. I go to a smaller grocery store called Publix. Definitely a lot of candy options here and all kinds of food and drinks. Maybe I will go to Sweden in the future to see all the drinks and food you guys have. That would be really cool. That’s interesting that certain drinks are illegal but I guess that makes sense.

Ps: Publix is a grocery store in multiple cities in Florida and I think a few other southern states. They are known for there customer service, very clean stores and so forth. Never have a problem when I go though the line. The employees actually help. They have a really good cold drink section and a deli that has a lot of good food if your on the go. Plus everything else you would find in a grocery store. Definitely my favorite place to get beverages and food

8 Likes

Lemon :lemon: Water :droplet: :yum:

4 Likes

Rockstar Boom. Whipped strawberry. I don’t recommend it.

1 Like

This looks good

1 Like

7 Likes

Tropical punch kool-aid

3 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

6 Likes

Blue is better but I’m all out. Must go grocery shopping for more lol :laughing:

1 Like

A double shot of Folgers coffee :coffee: with a splash of chocolate and hazelnut :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds great, well except the hazelnut haha

1 Like

Yesss I usually take mine black but I felt like I needed something a little extra today lol :laughing:

1 Like

8 Likes

5 Likes