What books are you all reading?

Episode one
King of kings …Spartans at the minute. :+1:

1 Like

Enjoy! He does a fantastic job of weaving the historic tapestry of this period.

When I’m at work I listen to audio books and the one I’m on now is so chilling it’s called White bones by Graham masterton it’s free on the audible app in the UK.

Yeah, I’ve seen that advertised a lot recently, it’s in my wish list. if you like the southern bayou then stephen kings bag of bones is a cracking read, beautifully written centering on the disappearance of a female blues singer it’s a pretty good movie too. Hope you get that interest back. :+1:

1 Like

I’m reading American Gods and Hell of a Book

It certainly is, I cheated and listened to the audiobook while working …again.

1 Like

I just finished a phenomenal book . Bewilderment by Richard Powers. His previous book The Overstory and this one won a pulitzer prize. He’s a very gifted writer. I’m going to attemp to read a non-fiction Awakening From the Daydream reimagining the Buddha’s wheel of life and a novel My Dark Vanessa simultaneously.

1 Like

My Dark Vanessa was quite something! I don’t know that I would say I “enjoyed” it…I did, however, find it intriguing, well written, disturbing and at times riveting.

My current read…just getting started…

4 Likes

So many books so little time that book looks awesome too I’m in trouble

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nikki sixx the Heroin Diaries, Ita great book on how he overcame his addictions,and all his battles and his stories along the way…Highly recommend it!!!

2 Likes

I loved Inward by this author.

1 Like

This Naked Mind by Annie Grace I’m told is good but I haven’t found it yet in the library. I may buy it on Amazon not sure yet.

Tried reading Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. Didn’t get into it.

Tough by Terry Crews

Note Found in a Bottle by Susan Cheever

3 Likes

Joe R Lansdale - More Better Deals and Moon Lake - pretty good if you like his style … and I am totally into his gritty style and metaphorical word salads
Octavia E Butler - Kindred and Survivor - these really grabbed me as stories constructed with a ton of detailed world building with feminist and racial concerns subtly flowing under the surface
Does anyone have a copy of Survivor that they’d like to sell me?
Adrian Tchaikovsky-Eyes of the Void … for more summer fun
The Good Marriage by Wallerstein and Blakeslee with my wife - we are trying to address our other issues besides the alcohol
We’re both 11 months sober today!

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! That is amazing!!

1 Like

Yes 11 months is an achievement for you both. Whatever your reading it’s working…carry on. :+1:

Currently listening to Sandman that’s by neil gaiman not enter sandman by Metallica :+1:

1 Like

Recently read parable of the sower and loved it. Really enjoyed talents too. :metal:

Congrats on 11 months, thats awesome! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Those are on the list - I’m reading Octavia Butler in somewhat publication order - Pattermaster and Dawn are next after I finish a Joe R Lansdale I got on inter-library loan - All the Earth, Thrown to the Sky.
My sobriety plan majors in reading Projects, author and book searches and public library and book store usage to keep my mind busy and free of cravings, stressors, and triggers.
When I was not sober, I truly forgot how much I loved reading. I talked about it but mostly fell asleep (passed out) or didn’t remember. When sober living kicked in and planning against relapse and non-drinking boredom kicked in, I recalled reading. I am reveling in the clear headed, mental pleasure I am getting. I have begun replacing an unhealthy habit/ addiction with a healthy one

2 Likes

Reading Alcohol explained by William Porter. Listening to The painted man by Graham Masterton and Gimm tales for young and old by Philip Pullman. :+1: