What does your nickname stand for?

Fantastic!!! I love that so much.

This is a great thread!

4 Likes

When I first found this app I had been sober for a few weeks & was using the extra cash to get eyelash extensions. Not very deep. I also liked that it was some what ambiguous.

9 Likes

Wow, super interesting! Now I have another stupid question; is that pronounced Chiron as in Cheese, or with a K as in Chiara, for example! :thinking: I don’t want to have another “Siand” case (Siand as in Barn) here, where I have pronounced (in my thoughts) wrong a name for months! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not stupid at all. I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face: you. You can also give the “o” more of what you’d hear if you said “on”. The pronunciation here makes it very short, which is also okay. Depends on your own dialect.

4 Likes

You’re so cute @Salty :heartbeat:

Thanks for that! That’s cool!

It’s either my German dialect (which probably sounds as if I’m mad at somebody! :grin:), or the Spanish one… which is actually my main language, and sounds a bit more soft!

2 Likes

That’s funny. :rofl: When we were in Germany I thought everyone was pissed off all the time. :joy: I tried really hard to learn German. Some pleasantries. Please and thank yous etc…. Everyone was nice. But I thought everyone was angry at something.

And I learned when you point with your index finger that meant 2 coffees :grimacing:. Not 1 :man_facepalming: Fun trip it was.

Sorry to derail your thread. Here’s a :triangular_flag_on_post: if you want to use it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:thinking: That’s a new one for me, but then again… I haven’t lived in Germany since 1986!

Don’t worry, I’m not one of those angry Germans! :rofl: In fact I’ve never flagged any post on this forum so far! But … you never know! Watch it Eric! :point_right:t2::triangular_flag_on_post::grin:

1 Like

Got the nickname in high school. I’m just a bit over six feet tall, but my arms are 6’7”. Thus fitting.

4 Likes

Pica is the name of my dog. Everyone thinks she’s named after Pikachu but she’s actually named after pica disorder because she eats literally everything :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I’ve been pronouncing it in my head like the eating condition (PIE-ka) but now that you’d mentioned pikachu, I’m wondering if you pronounce yours “PEE-ka”? :thinking:

4 Likes

Hahaha yes! That’s the confusing part. I don’t pronounce it like the disorder. It’s “pee-ka”

3 Likes

Been waiting for you on here. :blush:

Put me down for a Pie-ka.
So I figured I was wrong. So it’s Pee-ka

And now that I know I’ll never remember :grimacing::man_facepalming:t3:
I get confused easy

2 Likes

@Pica
Now I’ll remember :blush:

4 Likes

Perfect. Even has the same ears as pica :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll have to check out a picture of Pica in the animals thread! :blush:

My home group I started in had like three Chris R’s so I just started going by hillbilly Chris. They are all from California and I am from the woods in upstate NY, seemed fitting and everyone got a kick out of it.

5 Likes

Sanuk is Thai and means fun or joy. But I think its not a good translation, since Thai people have their own kind of way to have fun, hard to explain.

4 Likes

There’s way too many on there. I spam that thread often

Was curious about the name! But it makes sense. My Dane eats everything and I even said she may have Pica just yesterday.

1 Like