What have you done for your recovery i the last 24 hours?

Eh we got in person ones here too lol but I dont really wanna go yet. I like it online more so far. I never been very social in person can be overwhelming for me. https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/ i like how that one has em all the time. Really feel like im getting to know a lot of the people if i go back to the same ones.

2 Likes

I called 2 old friends today that I have not spoken to in several years because I lost myself to drinking. One is a friend from way back and she is now married and living in Arizona. She caught me up with herself, and what many other friends from that past are up to these days, and some that are sadly no longer with us. My other old friend I called is still here in town and we made plans to get together this summer to get back into climbing. I miss that so much!
So, that felt really nice to reach out and touch someone, ya know? It was good for me.

Bye for now…

4 Likes

Yesterday I told my story at a speaker meeting at an area recovery house. It was therapeutic for me, sharing where I was and where I am now in my sobriety journey. I also took it as an opportunity to revisit my Step 5 and share my character defects - fear of failure, fear of being judged, wanting to escape rather than face up to challenges in life. Speaking was a way to face some of these, “the only way out is through”. It was helpful seeing so many heads nodding during my talk, and a powerful reminder being around so many people so early in recovery. It seems so long ago, yet was just a year ago that was me.

4 Likes

My struggle is with weed, so just a few minutes ago I threw my grinder, vaporizer, stash can and last pack of cigarillos in the garbage. I feel a sense of relief, because in the past I would’ve never done that even when I told myself I was GOING to quit. I’ve been reading success stories and I subscribed to the MA podcast last night.

4 Likes