What video games have you enjoyed playing recently (since 2020 i guess)?

@HessicaJamilton The Harry Potter universe is much larger than JK Rowling, looks like the developers did a great job with the game and i will enjoy playing it and supporting the developers. Plus, Rowling is already a billionaire (hundreds of millions atleast), whats an extra few million is her pocket? :man_shrugging:

@2JTravNZ Not aware of that game, i can be the same way with games, most games i just dont have much interest in playing, but love when i find a good one that i enjoy.

2 Likes

Omg, so many people playing boomer games and systems lol, guess i cant judge though, ive been playing Mario 64 allot

1 Like

I enjoyed playing God of war, all the batman games, spiderman 1 and 2. Hell blade (really cool game with headphones on). Currently playing AC valhalla.

2 Likes

Boomer games :rofl: thanks for officially making me feel old…definitely not a boomer at 39 though chief

4 Likes

First game I ever bought. I can still hear the sound in my mind. You ever play Pong? The sound is as classic and memorable as signing on dial up internet or retrieving mail from aol.

I grew up as a gamer along with games. I have very much enjoyed the journey.

All time favorite game series? Ultima. A dos game from back when if our computer messed up we would have to get into the file manager and rewrite the actual code. I kind of miss those days.

6 Likes

So far it’s okay. I don’t allocate much time to gaming these days because there are so many things I want to do, so I’m not in that deep. I’m amused by the boomer gaming comment. There are some excellent older games. Xenogears and Chrono Trigger are two fantastic RPGs. I’m also a huge fan of side scrollers, especially the early Sonic games. We have a N64, but we’ve decided to sell it since we never use it anymore.

@HessicaJamilton I honestly don’t care about the protesting thing beyond the lack of 2FA. It is a Chinese game, so I’m not surprised there is no 2FA, nor am I surprised by the whole race discussion. People of color are very discriminated against in China to the point where a lot of the ‘white washing’ that happens in media is because big companies want to appeal more to the vast Chinese audience.

2 Likes

@Ralph2022 I got bored of God of War tbh, i liked the original trilogy, i typically get tired of a franchise after like 3 games or so, same thing happened with the Uncharted games, after 3, i got tired of the franchise, Same with Halo Infinite, it was cool, but i basically just did the campaign and that was it, unlike previous Halo games like Halo 3 and Reach which i played for like a year

@2JTravNZ lol 30+ is a boomer, i am 29 myself, almost a boomer (lol jk, just meming)

@SassyBoomer i have played Pong actually ya, but only like twice

@Intothesun I have been speedrunning the game, i can currently beat Mario 64 (collecting the 70 stars required to unlock the final bowser stage and then beating the final bowser) in 57 minutes and 2 seconds

@Chiron Allot of people love those old games, never been much for 2d games myself (with some exceptions) N64 and Ps1 were my first consoles (cant remember which one specifically).

2 Likes

I didnt even know ab the race discussion I was talking ab people protesting the whole mf game bc jk Rowling

2 Likes

Elden Ring and Wartales were a pleasant escape… Until… I couldn’t stop and had to delete my character accounts multiple times. But they are both fantastic games in my opinion.

1 Like

I had not heard of that one, and i took a quick look online to check it out but didnt see anything. What does she have to do with genshin impact?

1 Like

@ssteve Man, i really need to get back into Elden Ring, all my gaming time is currently going into speedrunning Mario 64 atm, but i should really make an effort to get back into it at a later date, cuzz i was enjoying when i was playing it.

@Apollo_666 Havnt played an Assasins Creed game in a long time, but i love the concept of those games being set in different time periods, i always consider playing one from time to time, but never do, probably should. Puzzle games can be really fun, maybe i will look into that parabox game and see what its about. Too many games to look into >.<

1 Like

Nothing w genshin, people are boycotting the new Harry Potter video game bc she said some transphobic comments.

3 Likes

My bad. Didnt see you were referring to another comment with what you said.

2 Likes

Yeah, the environments are gorgeous. Just exploring the world is a lot of fun. I’ll play it right when I have enough time…

1 Like

Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 to give it more of a chance, found it mib and complete so was pretty stoked on that. - if you’re a fan and havent seen edgerunners on netflix its a must

And Tiny Tinas cause I have to have every borderlands game there is. And its hella fun.

1 Like

Then you are also familiar with Infocom, I presume?

I like retro games too. Just installed an emulator for Playstation 2, because I can’t help feeling like I’m a little too retro. Anyone have suggestions?

2 Likes

That was in the height of my addiction so I had to look it up. Holy moly did you just take me back. I freaking loved text based games as well as the old MUDs. As a gaming elder I genuinely am grateful to have lived through the metamorphosis of gaming. All the different splinters from D&D to single player role playing to MMOs. If any of you youngsters are curious they still exist in a small way today. Just google MUD games today or text based games today. The Dreamhold is a easy starter game.

1 Like

Raising this thread from the dead after a year (very Octobery thing to do).

Still playing Genshin Impact. Just finished Republique.

2 Likes

My daughter is playing Genshin, the game looks impressive!

I finished Far Cry 6 (It’s supposed to be trash but I thought it was pretty cool and as fun as usual), Call of the sea (a reflection/puzzle game), Callisto protocol (short but what an atmosphere), and now as it’s Halloween I’m on Resident Evil 8: Village. I’m loving it :skull:

1 Like

Current rotation.

GTA 5
Gotham city knights
Warhammer Darktide

When I get time to play.

2 Likes