What video games have you enjoyed playing recently (since 2020 i guess)?

Resident Evil is perfect for Halloween! I heard Far Cry 6 was pretty meh from a lot of sources too, but personal taste will always win out. I’ve never heard of “Call of the Sea”. I’ll have to check it out.

Genshin Impact is a visual and audio work of art, and the elemental combat system is pretty interesting even if it is not overly difficult. The world building is great for those invested enough to dig into it, yet the top surface story is simple enough in design for anyone to understand. Though that also means some of the dialogue and character writing suffers in quality at a certain point to keep things simple enough for all ages and reading levels.

If I were to point out one thing they could do better, it would be with end game content. Being a live service game that comes out with updates fairly often, they do a good job of the new and temporary event content they release; however, at a certain point, there is not enough difficult content for older players who have built their units up over time, the min-maxer/meta type, or those who have spent a lot of money on their account.

It makes for a good casual game in general that can easily be a continuous “side game” that can easily be kept up on every day with minimal time investment when needed-- though I would suggest caution to anyone with a gambling addiction, since it has gatcha mechanics and could hit on those gambling addiction triggers.

1 Like

The reissue of Red Dead on the Switch

1 Like

2048 doesn’t qualify as a video game, does it? :crazy_face::see_no_evil:

1 Like

I don’t see why not. :smile_cat: it is electronic and it is a game.

1 Like

The hubs downloaded Crash Bandicoot for me on his playstation. I love it!!!

I have played mortuary assistant. It’s a horrible game. I get nightmares for a few days. Sorry for my english, because i am german. And i played the evil within and Tomp Raider 1 with my retro stick.

3 Likes

Just started Stardew Valley. Its my first farming simulator type game, and it is fun so far. I have a 1 player saved file and a co-op saved file with my partner, who has been wanting me to try the game with them.

3 Likes

I’ve finished Death Stranding DC on PS5. What an experience it was! So profound, crazy. I thought I would get bored fast, but I didn’t. So much layers in this game. The end was a bit cinematically outrageously too long…but Kojima is definitely one of a kind. Masterpiece I think. Btw the trailer of DS2 is outstanding.

Now I’m starting A plague tale Requiem. So far so good (loved the first one).

2 Likes

Hitman World of Assassination
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
Watchdogs 1,2 and 3

2 Likes

The end of Plague Tale Requiem is so deep. Incredible, it left me devastated…
What a game! And what a soundtrack

Next one will probably be Infliction. The scariness looks strong in this one :scream:
Maybe I’ll go platinum for Plague Tale first :blush:

1 Like

I did Days gone two times in a row, second time in the hardest mode. It’s such a great game!
I haven’t done Ghost of Tsushima yet, it’s in my library, i got to give it a shot

1 Like

I’ve played Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima 4 times each they’re epic

1 Like

I’m currently playing Paradise Killer.

Recent plays were:

• Portal 2, very clever
  • Tacoma, liked the mechanic and the tale a lot
  • Invisible Inc., very nicely balanced which with the procgen is quite a feat
  • The Great Ace Attorney Adventures, the same pros and cons as the rest of the series but I’m a sucker for silly stories
  • NORCO, visual and storytelling masterpiece
2 Likes

Just bought Stardew Valley on a nintendo shop sale. I’m very much looking forward to it. How are you liking it so far?

2 Likes

Came here to write about Stardew valley,I play on Android. I do have it on Playstation 4 but I love it more on my phone.

2 Likes

I feel I missed the boat on video gaming, lol.

I haven’t played a game since Nintendo back in mid 80’s, so pushing 40 years now…

I’ve got an old 8-bit Nintendo which I’m still playing, one Super Nintendo. The kids have a playstation 4. And the current game I’m playing on my phone Stardew valley is a pixel game (It has a similar graphic like the old 8-bit games)

So I’m pretty much playing the same games I played as I kid :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s awesome. Old school.

I never really did catch the video bug. I play Wordle once per day, haha. And doom scroll TS. That’s about my electrical footprint nowadays.

1 Like

Well I’m old :laughing:
We never had a video game at home, my parents didn’t allow it,but I wasn’t really into that as a kid anyway, played at friends house from time to time. Guess I’m making up for that now by getting them all.

My kids aren’t really interested in gaming either. One of them builds modelships, planes and tanks from famous wars.
And the other one has a model train world which he also build things for.

So I’m the only “gamer” in our family. Can’t play the new ones though because they makes me Motion sick.

2 Likes

I forgot about my latest console Legends flashback, I got it for Christmas. It’s a new console that contains old Atari games, and a few new ones in pixel style :blush:

1 Like