What video games have you enjoyed playing recently (since 2020 i guess)?

You’re speaking a foreign language to me… haha

And I am doubtful you are very “old”, you’re all kids to this old fella enjoying the sunset years of retirement.

1 Like

I live in Europe so it might be different in other Places of the world.

But at least here Atari was one of the first consoles that you could get to play video games at home. I think the very first one came out sometime in the late 70’s, but I’m not entirely sure about that.

Closely followed by Nintendo.

Super Nintendo is one of the “Newer” consoles and was released in the Nordic countries (I live in Sweden) in the beginning of the 90’s.

My kids thinks that I’m talking about the 1800’s when I say the 80’s so I’m definitely old,I turn 40 next year. :blush:

lol, so you’re in your 30’s now and old?

Wow, that makes me about prehistoric I’d say.
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Videogames have a long history now, you’re never too old to play them!
I play with my kids very often. Great family times, with a lot of interaction
My oldest daughter is a student in videogame art. Guess I’m the one to blame :blush::metal:t2:

1 Like

I had no idea you could study video game art. Guess I got my PhD’s in the wrong subjects. It sounds like a wonderful thing to study. :blush:

And I agree you’re never to old.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty fun. I’ve also been playing co-op with my spouse, which gives us another fun activity to do together that we both enjoy. Have you had much time to play in the last few days? If so, what do you think of it?

@MrsOdh How long have you been playing Stardew?

1 Like

About two years. But I only play on Android. The 1,5 update didn’t come out on Android untill last year. So I’m recently playing one Beach farm save and one four corners farm not in multiplayer even if it’s designed for that, just to try out all the new features that became available.

Don’t use any mods,just vanilla game mostly because I can’t get the mods to work on my phone. Still love the game,even if Shane’s heart events hits hard everytime. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ahah yes she’s studying game art (and 3D and some other stuffs) and already create some videogames at her school. Pretty cool indeed

1 Like

I don’t use any mods either, though I play on PC. Have you heard that there is going to be another update soon? Also true about Shane’s heart events.

1 Like

I haven’t played any games in years but i do miss my gaming pc i built myself back in the day

1 Like

I bet. There’s nothing quite like building a powerful machine.

1 Like

No doubt. Thing lasted me about 10 years too

1 Like

That’s impressive. I fully built my machine in about 2012, but since then it’s become Frankenstein’s monster of parts. :laughing: Right now I’m looking to buy a stand alone sound card. I’m one of those people who really cares how the sound is when I’m playing a game and the sound from this newer motherboard just isn’t cutting it.

So why no gaming in so long?

Yeah i agree about the sound i used to have a really nice sound card and it was so worth it. If i ever get the money to get another computer i would get a dac instead though. I just dont have the means to the only electronic device i own at the moment is a 30 dollar phone from Walmart. Dont even have service on it just the text free app.

1 Like

That makes sense. Hang in there man. Nothing stays the same and life has a way of getting better.

Good thinking on the DAC. Schiit sells a couple gaming centric units for a fairly good price all things considering. I have a dac/amp stack at my desk, which works great for sound effects, but some of the frequencies for music have been crapping out. All I can think of to do is try changing out the sound card at this point. Games these days have such great music.

To keep it more in line with the thread, are there any more recent games youre interested in, if you could play? What games do you favor?

Well i never played gta5 but did play some of the older ones. Kinda wabt to play 6. Maybe elden ring. Old school runescape. Honestly not completely in the loop so thats about all i know thats out there lol

2 Likes

Yes, the 1,6 update should soon be here. At least for PC players.
But to be honest I was perfectly fine without any updates for Android at all.
What I love mostly with this game is that there’s no rush. You can Walk around doing absolutely nothing just enjoying the scenery and the game does nothing to rush you or push you forward.

Guess I’m a boring player, I befriend Shane as soon as possible because I feel like he needs a friend (just like all of us)
And if I marry I always go for Elliot. He is living my dream life :laughing:

Concerned ape is also working on a new game, The Haunted Chocolatier. I hope it has the same slow pace and style as Stardew valley.

There’s actually a Stardew valley board game as well, but it’s to expensive (it costs about $90 for me in Sweden) so I haven’t bothered buying it,yet :laughing:

Fun fact, my real life village looks a lot like the layout in Stardew but in real life.
We have a river floating through the village, walking patches to the woods,a huge hill that we call mountain (we can go the real mountains but it’s about a 40 min one way drive)
No sea within 10 miles, but we do have a gravel pit with Sand that we call Redneck beach. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh my, I really envy her. I’m no good at anything art related but I do like games :laughing:
But as stated above, only the old school ones. The newer ones especially first person games, makes me Motion sick.

She is so talented in art, she always was the drawing freak of her classes as long as i can remember.

There are plenty of third person view games, or platform games and so on you know!
Good thing I don’t get motion sick even with FPS nor vr games :sweat_smile:

Talking about youngsters, if anyone want to play a masterpiece of cooperative game with their kids I recommend It Takes Two. As the title says it’s a two players game only and it’s so creative and fun. It really blew my mind

2 Likes

My kids aren’t really big gamers, they play Minecraft from time to time. But I’ll remember that for the future, maybe it’ll be useful for my Niece and nephews :blush:

I’ve tried some VR games when that started to hi a hit, even those VR roller coasters That’s placed in shopping malls where you create your own ride. My kids love them, I get motion sickness from just thinking about them :laughing:

2 Likes