What were you listening to at age 14?

I am so guilty AF but I’m gonna tell you this story, and I’ll probably regret it.

A young, teenager me fueled by raging hormones learned an acoustic guitar version. Of End Of The Road by Boyz 2 Men. To impress a girl. Cause every bad ass has a soft side right?

Did it work pffft. No

The things we do for the opposite sex. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You know I have no idea, but alas it is what it is, hell 40 year old women would melt for that,

1 Like

And teachers telling me I would amount to nothing, who’s laughing now. Oh! They are :wink:

2 Likes

Achtung_Baby Def_Leppard_-_Adrenalize Garth_Brooks-Ropin'the_Wind(album_cover)

Queen and 50s/60s Rocknroll

Tupac, biggie, pimp C, Twista, bone thugs, eminem, three6mafia, snoop dog, lil wayne, rick Ross, Nas, the game, d12. And more…cant live without my music till this day !

Love Phil Collins!!! I cried many a tear to ‘Do You Remember?’ :star_struck:

2 Likes

My first concert was The Cars w/Wang Chung Heartbeat City tour on my 13th birthday…

1 Like

That too. And ‘Separate Lives’. :rofl: And danced a few slow dances to ‘Groovy Kind of Love’. :smirk:

1 Like

These are the biggest albums that I bought that came out when I was 14. I also was listening to a lot of Beatles, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Yes, Who, Journey, Sabbath, Tull, Stones, etc. Maiden was life changing (Up the Irons!!! :metal:)

1 Like

I bought 4 of those LPs myself when they first came out! Of course I was a youthful 13 and not a mature 14 like you were :wink:

1 Like

220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon 220px-Styx_-_The_Grand_Illusion Led_Zeppelin_-_The_Song_Remains_the_Same R-3205318-1339964538-4877.jpeg 220px-Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid

6 Likes

You’re a musician right? Every day just send her covers of “fade into you”. Swoon!!!

1 Like

Jay macias from dinosaur jr covered it

1 Like

Love him. I worked at a hotel in Charlotte right out of college about 15 years ago and he was supposed to stay there one night after a gig, had the reservation and all. I stayed hours after my shift to meet him and he never showed up :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’d be disappointed as well

Stuff i still listen to today. Reel big fish, guttermouth, nofx, queen, angry samoans, rancid, suicidal tendencies. The list goes on but my alcoholic memory cant recall all of them.

1 Like

2 Likes

Love Henry Rollins

1 Like

All that! :joy: