What would you do? - Zombie Apocalypse

I’m aware. Inflicting pain is not the idea here.

The idea is that if put in place densley and sturdily enough, it creates a barrier that they will have a hard time getting through, if at all. Not because of pain, but because they’ll be tangled in so much of it.

Worst case scenario, it slows them down.

Knives, easy in, easy out… easily carried and can hold many. Booby traps, holes, bells collapses etc… burrough tunnels like Mt. Fuji. Also One Spear and one sniper rifle… handgun, one bullet.

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Lots of exits, you would have to border up any glass though.

When talking about a zombie apocalypse, I think it’s assumed that you don’t have a lot of time to find a safe place.

Having said that, wonder how many others would have the same idea. Problem is humanity. Someone in the group always does something stupid and gets everyone killed.

I would go up into the mountains where I live, I have an RV parked on the Colorado river. I have already set up solar power generators. Is on a fresh water river that already has a well & spicket. I would block every thing off only one way in 1 way out. Arm myself to the teeth with everything, but more likely than not would carry a katana. I would plant lots of vegetables, get some chickens for eggs and protein, probably not eat the chickens hopefully. Would probably get my hands on one of those vehicles that runs off of French fry grease or a Chinese food grease. Float down the middle of the river every day to fish, and also to shoot in the zombies or to take them out with my katana or bow and arrow.

2 Likes

Since im in the foothills id just start heading further into the mountains, i already have most of my gear packed from camping last weekend so im half set lol

2 Likes

This reminds me, I have a real life, close to home, perfect scenario I forgot to mention.

My older brother is a little strange in some peoples eyes, my own included. He purchased a big property in country Victoria probably 15 years ago now. Nearest neighbour is 30 minutes drive. Nearest town 2 hours.

Every Christmas he goes down there and works on his ‘project’. So far three domes. The domes are built with old car tyres as the first step. Each tire is packed with dirt hard. Once he gets into a dome formation with chicken wire, inside and outside are rendered with concrete.

It’s completely fire, storm, and earthquake proof. If a fire happens the rubber just melts inside the concrete and it makes it stronger.

He has rain water, septic sewage, and solar power for each dome. Smaller tyre arches connect the domes together with arches ad external doors. Doors are all hard wood.

How would that be in a zombe apocolyse???

He obviously didn’t build for that. He just wants to live completely off the grid like a fucking hermit.

His wife and kids, not so thrilled about it.

4 Likes

Good running shoes.

2 Likes

I wonder if zombies can climb? Mountains might be a damn good one.

Ever seen a Zombie in the snow? I don’t recall any zombie movies in the snow. Cold bodies. Probably freeze much faster than the living.

If you are a George Romero “zombie purist” like myself (slow, hobbling corpses), then no, they cannot climb. However, if you subscribe to the idea of fast, athletic zombies – then yes, probably can climb a bit.

See “Dead Snow”. It’s nazi zombies in the snow/mountains. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to believe they would freeze. Right? In a few books I’ve read they freeze.

This is not intended to be a buzzkill. More of a good read.

1 Like

Have you heard of “The reanima project” very interested things going on there.

1 Like

Is that a Resident Evil joke? If so, I’m missing it.

1 Like

Back in 2016 a group of scientist attempted to reanimate the brain cells of dead patients. They were approved for trials in India. It’s been a few years and believe the project is no longer a thing. However interesting nonetheless

1 Like

Interesting side note, was one of the biggest hurdles they faced was getting permission from the recently deceased families to allow experimentation on the deceased.

1 Like

Thats pretty cool!

I guess you could say it was pretty mind blowing eh

1 Like

It’s a re-animated corpse, cold blooded, so yeah, I would expect so. Lol talking about a fiction Frome a scientific perspective…

Either be like the original Dawn of the Dead.
Or with the rate of drinking being done i can see the works turning into the music video of Red Fang’s “Blood Like Cream”

Ever see Return of the Living Dead? The paramedics check 2 guys after getting infected. Their body temp is so low they cant get a reading. I dont think they woukd freeze. If they did, theyd thaw back out.