What you giving up for lent?

I’ll give up FB for lent. Taking a break from social media in general and deleted Snapchat, IG and FB off my phone two days ago. I have waisted so much of my time on these apps :eyes:

12 Likes

Well. Partway into day 1 of LENT. Still have not said a curse word today. I am aware that I might not even notice when I do it, since it’s woven into my vocabulary, but I am certain that so far today – no bad words. Even on my run, where a winded f-bomb will occasionally pass my lips (swearing makes running easier, everyone knows that). Nope, not today!

6 Likes

Lmao nope not a bronie, a couple of us that joined on here around the same time last year all changed our avatars to unicorns…mine is deadpool riding a unicorn with an assault rifle

3 Likes

I believe we do have a Bronie. I forget who it is. It was in one of the confession threads.

2 Likes

I think alcohol is enough for me lol

I thought your higher power wanted you to be happy, joyus, and free?

2 Likes

Giving up chocolate for lent :grimacing:

Owning it. (Continued Confessions)

1 Like

I’m not giving up a fuckin thing :wink:

10 Likes

Welp. I swore. F-Bomb.

My Dad was in the house working on something for us. When we talk, swearing is just part of the vocabulary…just kinda slipped out, but I did catch myself right away.

What’s the deal now? Do I just keep going, knowing I am trying my best to not swear, or have I failed lent?

3 Likes

Sounded like your motivation was not to observe Lent in the traditional sense (of which I don’t know the rules), but as inspiration to practice your discipline, so I would say based on that it serves you to keep going if that’s still what you want.

4 Likes

To me Lent is very much about penance. I’d make a sincere apology/confession and press onward with the commitment.

Like sobriety, progress rather than perfection. Growth rather than, “Ah, well! I tried. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Progress, not perfection…

5 Likes

Ha! Jinx, brotha man!

3 Likes

Oh cool! I thought I was seeing a lot of unicorns!! Lmao I was like omg there’s Hella Bronies up in here! Deadpool riding one is awesome tho!

1 Like

Omg that’s so cute! I’d like to meet him!!

Chocolate :chocolate_bar: :cry:

2 Likes

I’m going to take something up. I’m going to try acknowledging the good things happening in my life and being grateful for them

3 Likes

Drama… Haven’t succeed the first two days, let’s hope Friday is better :joy:

5 Likes

Me, trying to not swear for lent…(it is NOT going well…but I am trying, and probably swearing less, at least).

3 Likes