What's the worst thing you do when you've been drinking?

As I was reading the first 50 stories I was surprised to see that I have done must of the things written over here, surprised and conscious that I have gone far while drunk, if I see these positive I think this help me to understand that I have to stop I am on my sixth day and I hope this chat helps me.
I have
Drove while drunk a lot of times
Had sex with friends
Woke up in unknown houses
Tried to go to “bathrooms” that actually are not
Broke my wife’s heart
Fight with my father
Paid drinks to others even unknown
Crashed my cars
Lost cell phones
Lost computers
Woke up in my car on the street
I have lost air flights
Lost a lot of buses because they don’t let me get it because I have been real drunk
Lost concerts because I thought some drinks before was ok
I think if I continue I will remember a lot more
Thanks god I haven’t tried to kill my self or some one else, but I am afraid to get to this point
Thank you all
Let’s hang in there and keep sober

5 Likes

I become evil. Really. A monster.

3 Likes

Came home really drunk when I was 16, probably vomited on the bus, certainly at home. Hurt my parents so much.

Said terrible things (that I don’t mean at all) to friends and even to guests staying at my place.

Behaved like an idiot at public events with the people I respect most.

Behaved like an idiot at pubs, at home, basically everywhere.

Got drunk at a friend’s sober wedding and complained because nobody was dancing or having fun, according to my standards.

Told my husband he doesn’t love me. Criticised his work for no reason. I’m getting sober for myself first, but he is one of the most important reasons why I want to change.

2 Likes

I’ll argue about anything for no reason. I’ll be a smart ass to get my point made.

I’m overly affectionate. Usually with close friends, lots of hugging sometimes a kiss. It’s the worst when I’m around someone I find attractive; it’s ended relationships and friendships before.

I’m thankful for the gentleman I have now who’s very understanding and open minded. I know I can only mess up/hurt him so many times so I’m taking my sobriety very seriously moving forward.

1 Like

Fall down and wake up with hella bruising or other injuries. I once hit my head on the bathroom floor from passing out and cracked my head open. Had to drag myself to a phone in the kitchen to call 911 then to the front door to unlock it for an ambulance. When my grandmother brought me home she said it looked like a murder scene in my house. That was 8 years ago. I drank alone at night after work so I wouldn’t drive and kill someone. Last time I drank, I drank 2 cases (?), fell/passed out, my daughter was home from Sydney, and had to pick me up and put me to bed. I honestly dont remember a thing, but it scared her so bad, it scared me, and that was that.

3 Likes

I can’t respond to other’s needs. I’ve ignored cries for help and caring for my pets when I’ve been too drunk to get up.

I cut myself deliberately then ran to my ex. In my drunk state, it seemed like the only way to get love. He had to take me to hospital.

Cutting myself in general, trying to run in front of cars, hitting my fiance, binging and purging, at uni I engaged in some dangerous sexual activity that involved me heading to an unknown place in london with three unknown people (much older than me) who supplied me with drugs and booze. On a work night… Got into strangers cars.

Honestly, I am so fucking lucky. And I never want to drink again.

2 Likes

I injured another driver in a hit and run accident. Stole thousands of dollars from friends and family. I put a guy in the hospital when a group of us jumped him. I got my friends mom hooked on heroin to feed my own addiction, she later died of an overdose. I stole from employers. I overdosed 3 times.

Anyone still wonder why I treat this like life and death?

7 Likes

I go into a black cloud feeling. That feeling where even yourself are not fully aware of the evil your capable of. Its frightening and haunting. Especially if ive coupled it with drugs.

I’m so damned happy that I made the choice to get sober

4 Likes

I think bimbo knows that. That is why they are reaching out. You are stating the obvious. Isn’t that why we are all here.

1 Like

Cut my arms.
Ive head butted walls.
Score drugs the worst being meth.

Almost sleeping with my transgender friend!!

Mostly fight with my husband but its getting worse, if I don’t stop drinking I will lose him

I was afraid of looking at this thread, but am glad I did. It has gotten me thinking and remembering. I’m currently writing myself a list of things to serve as a reminder to myself, especially when someone asks if I’m really an alcoholic…
It’s a hard list to write, but I’m thankful that I’ve got the strength and courage to face these things.

4 Likes

I don’t know who bimbo is, and no, most people here don’t treat this like life and death bc for them it’s not.

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few treat this like it was a choice, it’s no choice for me. To drink is to die, or severely injure those around me.

2 Likes

Remembered some things
Drove home from a party on my bike totally hammered, damaged my kitchen door with scissors, went “grocery” shopping saturday still drunk from friday, tried to kill myself with a knife, screamed loud in my apartment (I believed I’d sing), damaged my desk with a knife, almost broke my hip while showering drunk, phoned my dad totally drunk pretending it was just a cold, …

1 Like

Did many terrible things that involved my kids…I think I posted it here already. I still get embarrassed sometimes thinking about some of the emails I’ve sent to my family drunk many years ago and talking shit to my hubby’s friends for no reason at parties.

This is a hard thread to respond to. I don’t want my past actions to define me, nor can deny responsibility.

Early on in my relationship (20 years ago), me and my wife, we were volatile. I punched her, hit her with my car, pushed her, and threatened to kill myself. I ended up in jail, charged with DV assault.

I’ve driven drunk more times than I’d like to admit. I used to judge distance by how many beers I could drink before reaching my destination; I lived 3 beers from work. I ended up in the back seat of a cop car for that too.

I drove my daughter home, 50 miles, from her first concert. I was so drunk I had to drive with one eye open so I could see straight. She was 13 at the time. Of all the things, that one I am so ashamed of. She had nothing to do with it, and I could have killed her. I’m tearing up writing this, and I never cry. Ugh

11 Likes

And that’s why you don’t drink anymore. I know it’s why I don’t. We can’t change what happened. Only move forward :slight_smile:

5 Likes