What's the worst thing you do when you've been drinking?

I have been there many times before… hard to admit but it’s true.

1 Like

Definitely been there :heart:

1 Like

I drank with my kid in the car every day. Every day when I picked him up at daycare I had at least a couple drinks in me.

One of the million reasons I don’t drink anymore

4 Likes

My kids had a seat belt check once at school drop off by State Troopers . I had been drinking til about 4am. The officer didn’t say too much but I could tell they could smell alcohol on me. That was the last time I did that!

1 Like

“We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it”
Page 85 and 86 from the Big Book😉

5 Likes

I’m so proud of you for writing that out and acknowledging your actions and the impact it had on your family - I’m sure it must have been really hard.

For those of us that have been violent towards an intimate partner or other family member - I write this with the intention of being helpful and positive. My alcoholic ex husband was violent towards me. Ultimately, I have him an ultimatum of sobriety and serious recovery or the relationship would end. He did not choose sobriety at that time and we split. However, later he did go into recovery and committed to AA. He came to me later to make his step 9 amends and it was a very therapeutic discussion and experience for both of us.

Our past actions should not define us, but our current actions do. This includes working and fighting for sobriety and recovery and to constantly strive to be better people.

Love to all :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m going to have to agree with you on that. I have many transgender friends so I would hope this person chooses their words more wisely next time.

Almost sleeping with your friend is definitely not good. I have no idea why adding that they are transgender makes it different.

4 Likes

It is on both circustances actually. Drinking led up to it and would have also possibly ruined a ten year friendship on top of it.

1 Like

I can freely speak how i wish too. And will continue to do so on that matter. :slight_smile: in regards of you seemingly being defensive as to how i speak of my friend, it really does not matter. HE, takes pride and brags in regards of the transformation anyhow. So, please do yourself and, everyone else a favor by quit taking things out of context. Thank you for replying! ^^

2 Likes

When I was in the middle of my multiple addiction cocaine alcohol weed acid and amphetamines i would travel abroad to France Germany Spain Holland and fight/fuck my way around each country. I commited several crimes that got me kicked out of both Spain and Germany one of which involved a fight that left a guy blind in one eye. I used several women as sex objects and left them without a word. I’ve stolen from freinds even though i didnt need the money and so much more . Since ive been clean i haven’t had one issue of violence,stealing or infidelity… i will never return to my old ways

1 Like

Me too pal to all the above. Life’s better on this side of the fence.

1 Like

This is me…90%…I’m so glad it’s over.

Fight people do other drugs… and honestly somebody needs to throw my phone in the river when I pick up the bottle

1 Like

Start by throwing the bottle in the river before you open it.

2 Likes

I stopped for my husband. So far so good. You can do it

I’m in the insurance business. I had a client call me totally drunk. Felt so bad for her. Wish I could reach out some how but it would be unprofessional

1 Like

Picked fights with men twice my size.

Drink drive.

Try to steal your wife or husband for sex

Urinate in public.

Steal alcohol.

Claim sick days at work.

Phone AA members at 2.00 am

Not come home to my wife.

Race police cars.

Too hung over to eat Christmas Lunch.

Wake up in boarding house in pool of vomit urine and more. Then too drunk to know what was happening.

Today I will be a sober statistic. Not a dead one.

1 Like

Drinking and driving with my kids in the car. Had several blackouts.

1 Like

I Hate thinking about the things I did while drunk. I’ve never written them down before and Probably forgot some of them but
I too drank and drove with my kids
Fought with my husband for no reason
Hid booze everywhere
Drank at kids tournaments, games teacher conferences etc
Often i would Fight with our oldest daughter who has asperger’s
Tried to have sex with a friends husband couldn’t because I was so drunk.
Kissed other men
Left my family home and went to bars most nights with “friends”
I’m sure there is more
I am So grateful I decided to quit 543 days ago. Never going to walk down that horrible road again.

8 Likes

Thanks Bill I needed that. It’s not easy to admit my faults and the horrible decisions I made while drinking. I am now the person I knew I was but couldn’t be because of alcohol, lying to others and myself. I will never go back there and plan to do whatever it takes to stay sober.

3 Likes