Where my cat people? #2

Good grief someone threw such a fit at the vet today they had to gas her just to take a little blood for a test. :roll_eyes: vet came in and i said good lord is that my cat?! :joy: she replied yes do you mind if we gas her to get the blood she is wiggly :joy:

21 Likes

Pool little miss understood girl. Alice was the same way Friday. We had to leave her behind for them to kitty bomb her later. She came home so wasted. They said she’d sleep it off. Nope. She was walking around like a drunk for hours. We ended up crating her for most of the afternoon so she wouldn’t get hurt. I’m glad our other 3 aren’t bad. It’s traumatizing. For us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope she passed her test. She so darn cute.

5 Likes

Calypso just came put pf hiding long enough for me to see she was alive, she was looking a little drugged still. Now shes hidden somewhere around here again. I imagine i will hear her about 2 am lol

3 Likes

Making her majesty’s medicine pockets involves using one of my throwing knives to dig a little hole in the treat (Temptations), dip some of the filling into the two crushed pills, and stuffing it into the treat. I use the split treats to take the stuffing out.

She sniffed it and left, though she will come back for the treats later. For now i get to hear her cry about not feeling good until she takes her medicine. Shes near impossible for me to pill, and these dont work well in her regular food like the other medicine.

Its a bit of work every day, but these are the things we do for our old kitties.

@Shaunda aww poor kitten. But hey, you do what you gotta do. Its not like they understand why you are subjecting them to this outrage. :laughing:

15 Likes

So the old bag :smiley_cat: won’t eat salmon pill pockets?
Alice is pretty good about taking those. If she decides not to Kelly just pokes it down.

3 Likes

Nope. She’s a little shit. :laughing: She’s pretty good about eating the treats eventually, but these are the only treats (and the only flavor of them) that she’ll eat. The vet staff seems to be able to pill her okay, but I can’t seem to do it. So I’m sure that part of the issue is me. Same with the IV fluids. I only give her a fourth of each pill so you’d think it wouldn’t be a big deal.

But I thought, you know maybe I’ll post about this and it will be useful for someone else.

4 Likes

Why are cats so cute upside down?

22 Likes

Whelp, no doubt about it. You’re a great cat mom :heart_eyes_cat: it appears you work a temptation treat like a surgeon.
What about those temptations purrr-ee I posted before? I thought she was eating those. Crush some pill up in it. No?

3 Likes

My local grocer hasn’t had them, probably due to supply chain issues, and Amazon tends to want you to buy those kinds of things in bulk, which I don’t want to do until I know she likes it. I have been keeping my eye out though!

I think you had mentioned the purr-ee to keep her attention for fluid IV distraction, though I could be remembering wrong. For these two medicines, anything liquid, runny, etc., doesn’t seem to work because they are bitter and it seeps into it all, though it would work with her other medicine, which I will definitely try whenever I have the opportunity.

The nature of the treat filling is such that the crushed medicine doesn’t dissolve, so she can eat the treat and not get the bitter flavor, provided that I make them then give them to her asap, and also if I don’t put too much into one treat. She will definitely taste that and then get wary about eating the treats for a while until I can convince her with “untainted” treats that they are okay. :laughing: It’s definitely been a lot of trial and error!

2 Likes

So adorable! Look at that little tongue and teeth!

1 Like

Visitor from the neighborhood on his/her way to give me a head. Must have felt I need it :blush:

16 Likes

Oh a new kitten. How cool. I can’t wait for the pics.
I’d make your house as small as possible when you let her out of your daughters room. Close other room doors. Bathrooms utility room, Closets etc… and have your cat maybe roam your daughters room to get her scent while she’s roaming the house.

We slowly usually introduce in a small room. With the new guy in a crate at first. Just got to take it slow. It’s always good to have an extra cat box for the newby. I can wait to see her.
Good luck.

7 Likes

Your new kitten is probably going to drive the 15 year old nuts. Should of got 2 kittens :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Lola has moved on from the plant pot to the fence :slight_smile: (I never leave her unsupervised)

21 Likes

20 Likes

Yay!!! :blush: Happy to see her.

1 Like

Noodle, as she does just chillin in the lounge

22 Likes

Calypso is trying to make me more of a cat person.

I can feel @Dazercat and @maxwell laughing at me

23 Likes

You’re hooked so beautifully. And such a great looking cat.

2 Likes

19 Likes