Where my cat people? #3

I’d buy that calendar. :older_woman:t3::smiley_cat:

4 Likes

@Mno and @Dazercat , you hear that? We need to get something together with our geriatric goddesses :laughing:

4 Likes

Guys! I’m no good at marketing and have zero influencer status but I will promote your sweet old ladies like its my job. :joy::rofl:
Aging gracefully,
Your crazy cat lady

6 Likes

And here I thought things with cats just sell themselves haha

17 Likes

Gosh I hope so because I am very bad at promotion. She’s a star!! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Thank you :heart: I hope I am as beautiful as her when I am her age (comparatively).

3 Likes

I have brother litter mates that we took in from a parking lot at 8 weeks old and they bring me JOY. They are both such quirky weirdos with their own personalities. My first tuxedo cats and I have zero regrets.

5 Likes

How old is your baby? She looks so young in her pictures. Absolutely beautiful :heart:

3 Likes

She is 21 years old. :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

my goodness she is aging well. Such a precious lady. :heart:

4 Likes

So she could be Luna’s (18) granny.

15 Likes

Probably close enough! Luna is quite the aged beauty herself!

@JazzyS and @Soberbilly thank you! And @Soberbilly may your furtastic friend live a similar furtuitous life!

7 Likes

Hello catlovers, I’m needing your help.
As some of you know we adopted a 10 year old cat a year ago. She (Wikkel) lived in an small appartment and was very stressed because of the new baby in the house.
So we took her in.
When we had her I think half a year she peed on the couch. We cleaned it carefully but didn’t find what made her do it. She is healthy, has 2 clean catlitters.
This saturday we came home from our holiday and she did it again. And after I cleaned it she did it again…
Help!
I clean it wit hot water and green soap. When it’s dry I put baking soda over it to get rid of smells.
I just cleaned it again and put alluminium foil over it so I hope she stays away from it (we have to go to work).
Any tips??

13 Likes

I remember that I used some kind of enzymatic cleaning solution at the time.
Hope you find a solution soon and that she will accept her real box.

And: it’s already a year :upside_down_face: I love her look.

2 Likes

I would put vinegar on it if it was safe for the surface.

3 Likes

If it is the exact same spot every time the tinfoil should help because that would probably be a behavior or a marking territory issue.

If it is in different spots around the house it could be a urinary tract infection.

Wikkel looks like a sweetie.

3 Likes

Went to throw on my hoodie after a shower and a Noodle :ramen: :cat2: got there first

17 Likes

Hello. What a beautiful cat! I would say there is something wrong for sure, even if it’s only in the cats perception. Wikkel is acting out, and this might be as you have been away. Did she get comfort and company while you were away?

I suspect that she’s showing her displeasure at something. My old cat once peed ON MY CHEST whilst staring me in the eyes when I had family to stay in all of the bed/rooms and she was furious…

If you have exhausted the other avenues: health- get her checked over, clean litter(in very quiet and private areas) then we have to assume she’s making a statement. I know cats that have done this after moving house/new baby/oncoming diabetes.

Also just be careful what you are washing it with as she will just want to mask the clean smell with her smell and then it becomes a habit. This in itself can provoke a cat to reoffend as a territorial act if they feel insecure.

Lots of love and extra special cuddles for Wikkel so she feels secure. Just try to accept she’s trying to tell you something in her language. It’s not nice I know, but she’s worth it. Good luck and thanks for adopting her, we need more people who will love the older furries. :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Sorry for you and Wikkel. She is showing something’s wrong. Give her lots of extra love and try to find out what is discomforting her. Maybe it’s the broken routine as you were away, maybe there is some other issue. I pray he hits only the litter box soon :pray:

2 Likes

@Chiron @Mno @Soberbilly @TrustyBird

I join you on the geriatric cat calendar :orange_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Tiglatpileser, 17 1/2 years and still a spoiled cuddleboy doing quite fine for his age :pray:

17 Likes