Where my cat people? #3

Thank you. Yes she is 21 years old and has a lot of arthritis and anxiety. She takes Gabapentin regularly, along with Cerenia for nausea, and some other one for hyperthyroidism. Because of her age there are a lot of therapies that aren’t really ideal for her. I haven’t heard of metacam before so I’ll ask her vet about it. :+1:t2: I hope everything works out for your sister’s dog!

Welcome @Calimilo ! What a beautiful girl!

3 Likes

Wonderful old lady :star_struck:. Yes I hope she gets better too. :pray:

2 Likes

My beautiful (grumpy) Toffee!

20 Likes

They’re too big to fit in the hammock together these days, but they try. I love how bonded they are.

22 Likes

So fluffy and beautiful :cat:

1 Like

I gotta tell you all, I feel terrible about the pets that get left behind as a result of wars. Ukraine, and now Israel/Gaza. It just breaks my heart. I gave to an organization that helped pets in Ukraine. I think it is too early now for the new war with all the bombing. But I hope to help out a little when I can, soon. :broken_heart:

6 Likes

That look! Like, “excuse me, but we are trying to have a moment.” :laughing:

1 Like

The :crown: is oddly missing. I can see it though.

15 Likes

Looking very majestic today for sure.

3 Likes

My new T-shirt came today. Thought my fellow cat parents would get a kick out of this. It’s supposed to be a spoof of the Jurrassic Park logo.

8 Likes

That looks just like Cori!

3 Likes

Aw, you’re right! Reminds me of our Yoshi, too…

16 Likes

Reminds me of the kitties from Maud Lewis’s painting (famous Canadian artist from Nova Scotia)

11 Likes

Oh and also like Midnight, our barn/workshop kitty (stray who came and made a home here :heart:)

18 Likes

Beautiful! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

His favourite activities include snuggling on my lap, chewing on my fingers, eating, purring, knitting, and rolling over to get tummy rubs…. when he meows, each meow is about 10 seconds long :laughing:

20 Likes

Afternoon Bird cuddles. We took this guy and his brother in at 8 weeks and he was the first to approach us. Hence my user name Trusty Bird. Today I’m going to be like the Bird and head out into the world with the certainty that it will all be okay. I’m showing everyone my belly today. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Figuratively.

15 Likes

17 Likes

Sending strength my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: praying that everything will be ok :people_hugging:
Love the meaning behind your name.

3 Likes

Her Royal Highness has been reliability eating, which I like. Getting medicine straight instead of in her food has been a challenge as she hates the taste. I’ve also noticed that it seems to wear off after about 4 hours and she becomes shaky and anxious in a way that reminds me of some rather rough early days of withdrawals.

I’ve decided to try giving her half the amount every 3 hours instead of the larger amount every six hours. I feel concerned about how it seems to be causing her this distress with such a steep drop off.

I also am not sure I can get up 3-4x a night for feeding and medicine. We will talk with her vet after the weekend, but we do what we can right now. Its tough being an old lady.

Her. Not me. Just to be clear :laughing:

Welcome @ladyofcats !

15 Likes