Where my cat people? #3

grateful that she is eating - sorry for the medication to wear off so quickly and cause such symptoms. I do hope halving the meds will work out - sorry you will be doing feedings throughout the evening. :pray: sending comfort to your sweet lady (she really is aging so well).

2 Likes

Me too. Sheā€™s only eating the salmon food right now though. :laughing: so picky! Im gonna try slightly lowering her dose bit by bit to see where she seems comfortable but not laid out. I think that will help. I already feed her every 4 hours, so the offset three hours is a bit odd, but Iā€™m concerned that if she gets the meds at the same time as her food then she will stop eating. I hope we will be able to figure it all out :crossed_fingers:t2:

13 Likes

Heā€™s so beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Alice likes following Zeldy.
I hope you get things sorted out over there. And I hope you get to take naps during the day.
Al Ral just keeps chugging along.
:pray:t2::heart:

Edit for whatā€™s itā€™s worth Al is liking the Perfect Portions by Iams. They have salmon too

12 Likes

Alice looking so graceful and relaxed!

Thank-you. Sadly, naps are a rare thing, but Iā€™ve been seriously thinking I need to make them a thing.

Iā€™ll check out Perfect Portions. :+1: Zelda has reached the ā€œmom I only want chicken nuggetsā€ stage of life :laughing: meaning she has a small number of foods she will eat reliably, but she knows when they shift the recipe even a little. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Awww mutual love and trust, itā€™s beautiful. Get brave :muscle:

2 Likes

Sheā€™s so gorgeous!

2 Likes

Working on it. šŸ«¶šŸ¼

2 Likes

Tell me about it. It took me quite a while to find a brand of kidney diet food she likes. Couple of months ago she simply stopped eating it. Right now thereā€™s one other brand sheā€™ll eat on and off, and otherwise itā€™s non-diet kitten food. Any food is better than no food right.

And medication, well. The antibiotics I had to force down her throat for an ear infection earlier this year totally traumatized the both of us. No way Iā€™ll get another pill into her. And she wonā€™t touch any food whatsoever with a pill in it. Absolutely not. So medication will have to be transdermal or by injection or it wonā€™t fly. Our old Ladiesā€¦

18 Likes

@Its_me_Stella

15 Likes

We have the smorgasbord of little plastic individual or perfect portions littering the pantry. So many we canā€™t remember what she likes or doesnā€™t like :grimacing: itā€™s crazy. Especially with 4 of them :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

13 Likes

I completely understand what you mean when you talk about her simply stop eating the brand she consistently liked. A road well walked here! Any food is better than no food without a doubt. Any type of food I can find that she will reliably eat, Iā€™m buying it. Iā€™m glad youā€™ve found something that works!

Sorry to hear about the pill struggles! Zelda is impossible to pill (for me), so two of them I crush up 1/4th each and dig little holes into Temptation treats, dig out a bit of the soft filling, then put just a little bit of the crushed pills into the treat and cover it liberally with treat filling (the broken treats provide extra filling). It works really well but takes a ridiculous amount of time to do every morning.

Our old ladies indeed! You take such good care of yours :heart:

@Dazercat Time to start labeling the cans! :rofl:

7 Likes

Weā€™re loving this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That is a beautiful pic of Luna! She looks healthy and happy! My kitty thrived on kitten foodā€¦ but is not eating it right now.

Speaking of her, here she isā€¦ she says she has to keep one eye open when the camera is on herā€¦

@Dazercat you have a well read kitty!!

15 Likes

Okay, hereā€™s our situation currently. Our Josie is pregnant and due any day now. Before you get all on my butt about how irrisponsible of a cat owner I am, let me explain. We had a spay appointment, but the freaking location I live in is so backed up on Spays/Neuters that the appointment was literally a 6 month wait. In the time that we were waiting, she found a way to get out of the house and whore around.

So, here we are, a cat about to pop any day now. So, withhold the judgement, and give me your advice on cat birthing. We are proficient in human birthing. We have 5 boys in our house, a set of twins in the mix as well. We didnā€™t do any home births though. So, what should I expect from this cat birth experience? Good advice appreciated.

6 Likes

I honestly have no idea, though I expect there will be a lot of information online. Are you asking to be emorionally prepared or trying to know what types of things you needbto actually do to be ready?

Iā€™m asking because sometimes adding specifics of why youā€™re asking or what type of advice you are looking for can help others know what to advise on.

Will you keep the kittens or try to find homes for them?

3 Likes

Mama cat needs a quiet nest away from eyes with a cozy surface and food and drink for after and room for her littles. Most cats prefer to birth on their own so as long as everything progresses normally you shouldnā€™t have to interfere.

If you do have to get involved I would suggest watching some ā€œwhat do I do whenā€¦ā€ videos before that point. No shame here. Good luck to Josie.

7 Likes

16 Likes

16 Likes