Who is hangover free & who is struggling

Awesome. I’ll be hitting the gym in a bit as well. It helps so much. Happy New Year

1 Like

Way to focus and the see the positives. I kinda felt the same way especially when me and my went out to dinner. But a good steak took my mind off of it.

Welcome to 2021. Great job staying sober. I feel great and proud this morning of myself. I hope you do as well. Have a great sober 2021.

Sounds to me like you are a winner, waking up with no hangover. Thats a huge win. A badass win. If you stayed sober last night, you can any night. How long has it been? Sorry you are feeling vulnerable but know you are in control. And you are strong enough to fight the negative feelings. Praying and rooting for you.

2 Likes

Struggling is part of our path unfortunately. We are here for you though and we all get it. I’m in a great place this morning but that can all change at the drop of a hat. I know that. Stay strong Maria, stay safe and stay fighting. I’m praying amd rooting for you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, all of you first-time posters! Today’s a great day! You’re here and it matters!

If you haven’t already seen this, it’s a good intro to this happy community of ours:

5 Likes

Winning. Sounds great. Have a great 2021.

1 Like

I am not hungover, but I sure feel hungover. Yesterday was a shit day. Staying sober was the highlight! The rest - meh. Bad day, but a no-reason-to-drink day.

6 Likes

Way to make it through and keep perspective. Happy New Year.

1 Like

It’s true, we are in a position to help, others close in your life may not understand the situation!

At Christmas a very close friend of mine tried to get me to drink hot chocolate with Bailey’s in it, apparently it would “be fine” because “I wouldn’t even notice the Bailey’s” he was truly trying to be nice.

People who are able to moderate alcohol have no idea what it’s like for those who can’t moderate, their brains are wired differently.

So you’ve come to the right place.
I’m glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Hangover free! Although i feel slightly hungover from staying up so late. I made it just past midnight lol

4 Likes

It’s my first day. I am hungover and I don’t know how I will manage to stay sober. Any tips would be helpful. Ty

4 Likes

Hang over free here. Prob the first New year’s in 20 yrs I didn’t drink. Having one heck of an ice storm here right now. In the past I would of started day drinking as soon as I got up since I’m not gonna go anywhere but not now. Feels good!

2 Likes

7 days and i relapsed no hang over just dispointment i thought I can say no but fuck there drinks everywhere now i know am not ready for that type environment day 1 of being sober again

2 Likes

Thanks for your words!

It’s my 57th day.

I got tired of fighting it, I feel weak. I guess I won’t drink, but I’m missing the point of this whole stuff.

I was 7 days sober then last night relapsed and didn’t even get drunk just disappointed in myself I guess a one hour at a time and just more people to talk to cuz it’s right now I really want a beer but I’m struggling am just trying to stay busy

3 Likes

4th sober new year. Talked with some AA people, Watched some TV and went to bed. Anymore it’s just another day for me.

9 Likes

I am hangover free today and started the morning with a workout like @Dan531. Gotta keep my daily routine going.

Welcome to those of you who are new to TS, this is a great place to be for support and advice!

5 Likes

5th sober new year.
4th one since I got sober for good.
The first one I went back out and started drinking some more before I realized I was killing myself. Between bringing 2017 in sober and May 2017 I drank enough that I landed in the hospital multiple times. Because I was in pain, dehydrated, virtually dying.
My hip collapsed and I ended up with a hip replacement in July 2017 because of my drinking.
I share this story because it’s what I think about when I feel something awful enough to make me want a drink. I think about how many times I could have died but I got lucky.
Not everyone gets lucky.

I brought the new year in curled up on the couch last night with my oldest daughter and our kittens binge watching some show eating all the peppermint and candy cane flavored stuff we could find 1/2 off after Christmas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m hungover FREE and I’m staying busy I’m working on New Year’s Day

3 Likes